Read ctrl value in an external window

Shao

Hi,

In a multiusers environment I'd like to know how many pages are sent to printer from any application

To resolve, I use

WinWaitActive("Imprimer") ; r [=Print in french ])

And I use then

Guictrlread (ctrlID in the window)

But it doesn't work !

How can I do ?

Hi,

maybe you could get ahead with ControlCommands ConrolGetText and so on.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Thank you Mega but I can't find any ControlGetText in help and ControlCommand is used to send a command to a control, not to get any information from a control.

HI,

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/f...trolGetText.htm

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Thank you very much, it works.

Now , another problem :

I notice that windows aren't the same ones when you print from Acrobat Reader or From Word or any other programs. How can I do to be sure to get the good informations from any printing windows ?

Informations that I need :

printer name

number of copies

how many pages are printed ;[from x to y : y+1-x = number of pages ; value of x and y ?]

etc.

• Moderators

Are the Class names under the Title of the AutoItInfo.exe tool the same? If so you would use Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4).

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
ControlGetText('classname=WindowClass', '', 'ControlID or ClassNameNN')

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Are the Class names under the Title of the AutoItInfo.exe tool the same? If so you would use Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4).

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
ControlGetText('classname=WindowClass', '', 'ControlID or ClassNameNN')
Hi Smoke_N

Yes, title and class names are the same ones in both of the Printer Windows :

Title : Imprimer

Class : #32770

In your comment I don't understand how can I do to get all the informations I need considering that ctrlID aren't the same in an AutoIt Printing Window or in an Acrobat Reader Printing Window (examples).

• Moderators

Hi Smoke_N

Yes, title and class names are the same ones in both of the Printer Windows :

Title : Imprimer

Class : #32770

In your comment I don't understand how can I do to get all the informations I need considering that ctrlID aren't the same in an AutoIt Printing Window or in an Acrobat Reader Printing Window (examples).

If you can get the Client X and Y coords, I wrote this UDF yesterday to return the ControlID or ClassNameNN by their position on the client app, that should help your situation.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=218527

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.