Looking for a good help website.

Hey everyone!

Brand new to the forums, but I updated my profile with a few things to make me at home and keep me dedicated to coming back. Anyways, I found AutoIT amongst other macro and script programs and decided to download it. I know some code... though nothing close to script it looks like. I tried Python once a few years ago for maybe like a week, then I gave it up. I don't remember a thing. So besides basic HTML and CSS which I learned in my highschool Visual Communications class, I know literally nothing. Mind you I know how to type, run programs, and maintain my computer :whistle: . So that said, all I need is a good starting website for whatever language this program uses (or that you think best). Either tutorials or just general basic command pages would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to spending a lot of headaches here!

I don't speak german, but you are welcome to have a babel conversation with me! Script or DIE!

HI & welcome,

start reading the helpfile. Do this Tutorial

and think of something you wanna do, so that you have a goal to reach.

So long,

Mega

PS: Habe gerade deinen Namen gesehen (Sieht deutsch aus) Es gibt auch ein deutsches Forum und eine deutsche Hilfe!

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

HI & welcome,

start reading the helpfile. Do this Tutorial

and think of something you wanna do, so that you have a goal to reach.

So long,

Mega

Thanks a ton! If anyone else has anything, it would be much appreciated. I enjoy having a big stack of resource material.

I don't speak german, but you are welcome to have a babel conversation with me! Script or DIE!

Welcome,

here's another tutorial.

@th.meger,

wenn das deutsche Forum eine Alternative wäre, würde ich es nicht auf mich nehmen englisch zu kommunizieren!

Thanks for the info.

Well, I did the tutorials in the help files, and im getting the gist.

Though I think that first guy told me to get a goal, and I think I have it.

Cheats ;D Like so many others.

I don't really have a game of choice I guess, so if anyone has any ideas of a simple web browser or small client java game or something that would be easy to code an auto player for let me know. I guess this means I need to look heavily into Macros for mouse movement since I haven't touched them yet.

Thanks for the info.

Well, I did the tutorials in the help files, and im getting the gist.

Though I think that first guy told me to get a goal, and I think I have it.

Cheats ;D Like so many others.

I don't really have a game of choice I guess, so if anyone has any ideas of a simple web browser or small client java game or something that would be easy to code an auto player for let me know. I guess this means I need to look heavily into Macros for mouse movement since I haven't touched them yet.

Go to This Website, and pick a fun flash game

a good way 2 learn 2 code is 2 pic a game and make a "bot" or somethin to "cheat" in the game.. this is the way i learned.. im not the best but i do no ways to make programs do what i want :-D

good luck and welcome

Well, my little sister has been looking over my shoulder and she wants me to write her a "bot" for a Java game called RuneScape. She said that she has tried other macros though and they didn't work... the live record ones like Journal Macro and stuff. You just click record and it records your movements. I don't know if I want to do this yet, but I think it would be a more challenging goal since its one of those ever changing MMORPG's.

Oh right, the reason the Recording Macros didn't work was because due to lags and small stalls when you go from area to area, the recorded version clicks in different places than the replay... so you always end up in different places. So I tried to do this for her on my computer since its got better memory and a direct connection to the internet instead of wireless, and it was still off.. I would always fall an inch short, left or right of my target. What i'm wondering is, even if I wrote my own macro script or "bot" would I not be able to compensate for the lag time? Or is there a way I could set a variable for it? Any info would be much appreciated!

While your giving feedback, im just going to start on my own with one of Paulie's flash games.

Well, my little sister has been looking over my shoulder and she wants me to write her a "bot" for a Java game called RuneScape. She said that she has tried other macros though and they didn't work... the live record ones like Journal Macro and stuff. You just click record and it records your movements. I don't know if I want to do this yet, but I think it would be a more challenging goal since its one of those ever changing MMORPG's.

Oh right, the reason the Recording Macros didn't work was because due to lags and small stalls when you go from area to area, the recorded version clicks in different places than the replay... so you always end up in different places. So I tried to do this for her on my computer since its got better memory and a direct connection to the internet instead of wireless, and it was still off.. I would always fall an inch short, left or right of my target. What i'm wondering is, even if I wrote my own macro script or "bot" would I not be able to compensate for the lag time? Or is there a way I could set a variable for it? Any info would be much appreciated!

While your giving feedback, im just going to start on my own with one of Paulie's flash games.

This is the best way to use the forum to get answers

P.S.-Runscape has been banned (by me) in my household, It is the worst MMORPG ever created, and the maker should burn in the darkest, hottest part of Flash-RPG hell. (IMHO)

Heh, ok so maybe I should exnay my little sisters idea? I'm not too much into the MMORPG things, though I do enjoy the Elder Scrolls... it isn't online though. So any other tutorials are still appreciated. Sorry if I hit a nerve with the RS thing Paulie :whistle: .

Heh, ok so maybe I should exnay my little sisters idea? I'm not too much into the MMORPG things, though I do enjoy the Elder Scrolls... it isn't online though. So any other tutorials are still appreciated. Sorry if I hit a nerve with the RS thing Paulie :whistle: .

Oh no lol, just pointing out that I dislike runsecape do too its adictive tendencies and poor plot/graphic concepts and spyware/cookie infested website hosting

Nothing personal against you or anyone who plays...hell, its your funeral :)

this is running on my computer from startup :)

quells my brothers temptations

(all his friends are 'members' and pay $5 a month to play... He gets mad sometimes that I wont let him play it with his friends)

#NoTrayIcon
Opt('WinTitleMatchMode',2)

While 1
    Sleep(10000);Save CPU
    If WinExists("RuneScape") Then
        WinClose("RuneScape")
        MsgBox(0,'No Runescape!', "Runescape has been disabled by your administrator.")
    EndIf
WEnd

Hey everyone!

Brand new to the forums, but I updated my profile with a few things to make me at home and keep me dedicated to coming back. Anyways, I found AutoIT amongst other macro and script programs and decided to download it. I know some code... though nothing close to script it looks like. I tried Python once a few years ago for maybe like a week, then I gave it up. I don't remember a thing. So besides basic HTML and CSS which I learned in my highschool Visual Communications class, I know literally nothing. Mind you I know how to type, run programs, and maintain my computer :whistle: . So that said, all I need is a good starting website for whatever language this program uses (or that you think best). Either tutorials or just general basic command pages would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to spending a lot of headaches here!

Hi there!

I just signed up yesterday myself. Just curious, why did you give up on Python in a week?

The thing I noticed about Autoit is you can do things quickly if needed. Surface stuff. But like all good programming languages, delve a little deeper and there's much too learn.

vim