Mousemove troubles in game

Like some others (at least from searching) I've been trying to get my gamepad to control my mouse. And I looked at joymouse. Yes, I did, but due to my crappy "auto-calibrating" joystick not calibrating properly, and no adjustment in joymouse, I had a mouse which travelled to the left across the screen constantly.

I had some early good luck. Got the mouse moving around the desktop clicking and thing happily. I thought I was home-free. And I'll be happy to post working code if anyone cares. :whistle:

But, when I loaded the game, the mouse was uncontrollable, moving all over the place. I ended up turning the speed variable I was using down so far that the mouse could only move one pixel at a time, but when I load the game with my script going and try to use the gamepad, the mouse moves at least 100 pixels on every call of MouseMove().

So, is there something about a full-screen game that can make mousemove behave unexpectedly?

I can certainly post code, but the part that seems to be the problem is ridiculously simple. Just read current mouse position (MouseGetPos()) add -1,0, or 1 to the values pulled back and send them back with MouseMove().

So, is there some Opt I need to set, or is there some other way to send mouse movements through DirectX or anything else? I'm willing to bet it's something stupidly simple, but my searching yielded nothing. Thanks for any help!

well first off..

did u make it so your coords are from the client?

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2) ;1=absolute, 0=relative, 2=client

if not then i dont no. sry if this didnt help you.

Well, I tried the MouseCoordMode, although not really understanding what "Client" means, I wasn't sure what to expect.

It didn't change anything.

But, I loaded EQ2 with the script running, just to see if it was all full-screen games and the script worked properly. It appears Oblivion is just doing something funky. I guess I'm defeated :-(