Rectangle Widgets for Linefeeds?

I am getting odd little rectangular widgets in place of my @LF's. Can anyone tell me how to make them become real @LF's? Here's the relevant parts of code:

Global $Message1 = "Server status messages will appear here." & @LF

$Status1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit($Message1, 500, 24, 400, 470, BitOR($ES_READONLY, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_LEFT, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_MULTILINE))

Later I have lines that look like this:

$Message1 = $Message1 & "No servers selected. You must select one from the server list." & @LF

GUICtrlSetData($Status1, $Message1)

So the contents of that edit window get updated. What I get, rather than real linefeeds, is little rectangles.

I would really like to have my linefeeds back. Ihave attached an RTF file with an image that shows what I am talking about.

Thanks,

-Chris

Edited by AramisResearch

I am getting odd little rectangular widgets in place of my @LF's. Can anyone tell me how to make them become real @LF's? Here's the relevant parts of code:

Global $Message1 = "Server status messages will appear here." & @LF

$Status1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit($Message1, 500, 24, 400, 470, BitOR($ES_READONLY, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_LEFT, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_MULTILINE))

Later I have lines that look like this:

$Message1 = $Message1 & "No servers selected. You must select one from the server list." & @LF

GUICtrlSetData($Status1, $Message1)

So the contents of that edit window get updated. What I get, rather than real linefeeds, is little rectangles.

I would really like to have my linefeeds back. Ihave attached an RTF file with an image that shows what I am talking about.

Thanks,

-Chris

Try using @CRLF

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Have you tried a carriage return as well as a line feed? "@CRLF"

Remember the typewriter - you push the lever to the right and the paper moves up one line, and then the carriage moves across to the beginning.

Have you tried a carriage return as well as a line feed? "@CRLF"

Remember the typewriter - you push the lever to the right and the paper moves up one line, and then the carriage moves across to the beginning.

I'll be darned. The strangest thing about this is that I DID try that and I got two rectangles instead of one. I tried it again, just to make sure, and it works fine. Thanks. Someone should probably get the straightjacket ready.