String au3 files together?

I have 5 au3 files (Step 1 thru Step 5) that need to be run one after the other and I need to run all 5 each night.

I would like to run them automatically one after the other. So, I decided to create a Total.au3 which is the following. I thought AutoIt would run the first one and not do the others until the first one is done. Then, run the second one and not touch the others until done. Etc. Nope. It tries to run all at the same time. I guess I could time each event and place sleep commands in between each run. How do others handle?

; This is Total.au3

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c start " & "Step1.au3", "C:\AutoIt_Work\Steps\", @SW_HIDE)

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c start " & "Step2.au3", "C:\AutoIt_Work\Steps\", @SW_HIDE)

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c start " & "Step3.au3", "C:\AutoIt_Work\Steps\", @SW_HIDE)

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c start " & "Step4.au3", "C:\AutoIt_Work\Steps\", @SW_HIDE)

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c start " & "Step5.au3", "C:\AutoIt_Work\Steps\", @SW_HIDE)

; The End

just a guess but wouldn't it be start /w

no it wouldn't work either i don't think

just run in a batch with start /w

start /w C:\AutoIt_Work\Steps\Step1.au3

start /w C:\AutoIt_Work\Steps\Step2.au3

etc..

Edited by CWorks

• Moderators

Try this:

$File = @HomeDrive & '\AutoIt_Work\Steps\Step'
For $i = 1 To 5
    RunWait(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript ' & FileGetShortName($File & $i & '.au3'))
Next

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks. I will try each. I already tried WinWait stuff but it did not work. I am guessing that placing start w/ over and over again in AllSteps.bat might work. This is what I understand Cworks to be saying. And, I like SmOke N's loop approach. Gee, where do you guys come up with these names. Never mind. Thanks again for the help.