CRC32 checksum

HELSAY

Hi everybody,

I've checked the forum for an autoit function that controls file integrity with checksum but did found nada !

I've tryed to make some personal checksum code myself but it's TOO, TOO slow - about 10' for 800Kb!

(may be not good coder :)

SO anyone can help me (it's for an install software that must checks the integrity of it's files before copying them)

Thanx... :whistle:

Logicae Homo EstFemina Homo EstFemina Logicae Est

You may also want to take a look at _StringHash() and _FileHash(). they let you hash strings and files with the MD5,SHA1,SHA256,Tiger,and Whirlpool and whirlpool hashing alogrithms through use of a command line utility. sorry no CRC32 tho.

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

I have encountered the same problem. Visual Basic can calculate a CRC32 for a 70MB large file in little bit more than 1 sec. I tried the same algorithm for AU3 and it took about 10sec for 1KB! A part of the problem is the "StringMid" instruction that seems to be painfully slow. Without that instruction it did take about 1sec for the calculations, but that is still to slow to make anything useful with, because it does still take several minutes to calculate CRC32's for files just around 1MB :whistle:

If you want to use a fast external command line utility for CRC32 or some other algorithm then have a look at ReHash