Custom Spell Checker

big_daddy

• Moderators

As I was trying to make a spell check function for the Word Automation Library, I ended up making this instead. :whistle:

Posted Image

Requirements:

AutoIt Beta

Word.au3

Updated 3/18/2008

CustomSpellChecker.au3Previous versions had 370+ downloads

To spell check in specific languages you will need to include a "LangID.ini" file in the script directory. Below is an example of that file with a few language constants. The full list of constants can be found here under WdLanguageID. Note: you must have the language already installed on your pc to be able to spell check with it. :)

[WdLanguageID]
English=1033
French=1036
German=1031
Italian=1040
Spanish=1034

Enjoy,

Bob

Edited by big_daddy

big_daddy,

I like it. :whistle: Thanks for sharing.

Do you plan on making any improvements?

I think it would be cool when you click on a misspelled word to then have it highlighted in the sentence where it occurs.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

It replaces all the misspelled words.

If you have " mispelled bla bla bla mispelled" and you replace the word 'mispelled', it will replace any "mispelled" to "misspelled" :whistle:

Edited by rbhkamal

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"-Jimi Hendrix

@taurus905 - I wasn't planning on making updates, but sense you asked I added the highlighting.

big_daddy,

Thanks for the update with the highlighting feature. It looks great. :whistle:

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

• Moderators

@lukeneo - Does it look close? If so then it is probably just a difference in our windows theme.

@rbhkamal - This is by design. I was forced to do this because of the way MS Word counts characters. It counts a @CR as a character whereas the edit control does not, because of this the highlighting was getting thrown off. Even though it looks funny in the edit control it will copy and paste fine in most apps.

@rbhkamal - This is by design. I was forced to do this because of the way MS Word counts characters. It counts a @CR as a character whereas the edit control does not, because of this the highlighting was getting thrown off. Even though it looks funny in the edit control it will copy and paste fine in most apps.

i c..

Nice job

RK

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"-Jimi Hendrix

• 2 months later...

Dude!! Your script doesn't work anymore??

It's broken in every possible way!!

Note:

Someone sent me an Email thinking I wrote this script.

Regards,

RK

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...