What is the best way?

Rey

I have used Autoit for simple things a bit in the past but never anything too complex. I'm trying to figure out what the best process is for reading new lines of text whenever they are added to a log file. I am sure this is something lots of people do. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this most efficiently? Thank you in advance.

I'm sorry I just realised I posted this in the wrong place. I had multiple windows open. Please move or delete it for me. I don't seem to be able to do either.

Edited by Rey

I have used Autoit for simple things a bit in the past but never anything too complex. I'm trying to figure out what the best process is for reading new lines of text whenever they are added to a log file. I am sure this is something lots of people do. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this most efficiently? Thank you in advance.

I'm sorry I just realised I posted this in the wrong place. I had multiple windows open. Please move or delete it for me. I don't seem to be able to do either.

Well if you're interested, I just wrote something that does this, you can find it in this forum:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...293&hl=tail

let me know what you think, and if you can figure out the answer to my Q that would be even better, no one else has.

---"Educate the Mind, Make Savage the Body" -Mao Tse Tung

• Moderators

It all starts with posting your questions in the appropriate forum :whistle: .

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

goddangit, why don't we just rename Scripts and scraps to "v3 Completed Scripts"? It would eliminate tons of these misplaced posts.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

It all starts with posting your questions in the appropriate forum :whistle: .

I thought i was posting it in the correct forum, I had an issue that i need help on, so i posted it in support.

where do you think I should have posted it.

---"Educate the Mind, Make Savage the Body" -Mao Tse Tung

I thought i was posting it in the correct forum, I had an issue that i need help on, so i posted it in support.

where do you think I should have posted it.

I believe he was talking to Rey :">

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

I believe he was talking to Rey :">

While it is cool to be uptight, I realised immediately I posted in the wrong place and asked that it be moved, there isn't much more I could do.

I have a friend who says that he hasn't been involved in a single accident since birth. I sadly can not say that.

BTW it doesn't matter what the name of the Forum was, since I had multiple windows open I would have still posted in the wrong place. Again, sorry if it caused trauma or shortened your life in any way.

While it is cool to be uptight, I realised immediately I posted in the wrong place and asked that it be moved, there isn't much more I could do.

I have a friend who says that he hasn't been involved in a single accident since birth. I sadly can not say that.

BTW it doesn't matter what the name of the Forum was, since I had multiple windows open I would have still posted in the wrong place. Again, sorry if it caused trauma or shortened your life in any way.

Haha, I think we will all live... man do I love sarcasm :whistle: