Please i really need help

Lookup FileFindFirstFile and FileFindNextFile in the help files

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

I need to scan all the computer not only a folder...and i'm a newbie and donno how to use the comands together...any help?

And the program should work in stealth mode...not open any folders or anything because it will be anoying

Edited by Kreatorul

If I may ask a dumb question, but why do you need to do this? You could simply use the find function in Windows explorer to do this.

Second...Stealth mode???? uhhh, that is somewhat dark...care to explain in MUCH more detail?

?????? :whistle: ?????

Edited by vollyman

That takes time, and time is money :whistle: I need search and delete..not search and then delete...just enter the filename in an inputbox and delete everything that has that name or contains that words...No help? :)

Edited by Kreatorul

• Moderators

Ok I've almost done it but i need just a lil more help with FileFindFirstFile because it only searches in the curent directory, and i want it to search all hard drives...how can i do that? :-??

Care to elaborate on what your looking for and why you want to delete it? Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Search in Scripts and Scraps for recursive search and you will find something.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Well, time may be money, but I think your choice to be reticent toward sharing your intentions to those who would help you may have some wondering if you have some nefarious purpose.

Be that as it may, you might want to look at this thread:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...showtopic=29669

BlueBearrOddly enough, this is what I do for fun.

That takes time, and time is money :whistle: I need search and delete..not search and then delete...just enter the filename in an inputbox and delete everything that has that name or contains that words...No help? :)

Edit:

Deleted my post because everyone was concerned about the purpose of this post.

Edited by james3mg
"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

• Moderators

May be too simplistic but have you considered:[autoit]$TheFile=InputBox("File name","Please give the file name you want to delete")

Dammit, this was the exact post I was not wanting to see here... I would have posted that (a bit different) had he ever confirmed anything. Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I'm with you on this one Smoke, Searching all drives for a name and just dumping it...I can't see a reason for it unless it is something destructive. Can we get Jon to delete the post?

edit Edited by SmOke_N

Care to elaborate on what your looking for and why you want to delete it?

Yes I want to delete some music...because my lil stupid sis is downloading music and loading my pc with stupid music...and she can't understand not to do that... :whistle::)

soooo...all the time we been batting this around, you could have done what I suggested in the first place? :whistle:

If you have someone on your rig, and you don't want them there, just password the thing. If she is downloading MP3s, simply search for the file type, and see the entire list. Select the ones you want to dump, and dump them. Keep it simple...

Right, and before I say anything serious, I'll say this, I sent a PM to james3mg expressing the concern, and have yet to receive a response back from him one way or the other.

Edit:

Personally, I think james3mg played a really stupid part in this whole thing or maybe he's like 70% of everyone else and just has no common sense.

The post I made was at the end of my work day, so I didn't recieve the PM until the next morning.

No common sense? It was honestly more than that. I could explain my reasoning, but it boils down to I was trying to be helpful because I'm barely not a beginner myself and I like to help people, plus it's such a simple question that it was going to get figured out one way or another.

Now, looking at it with a bit of a fresher mind (and feeling very chastized by members I respect), I can see it was probably a pretty stupid thing I did. Maybe lack of common sense is one of those problems you never know about yourself (like being crazy :whistle: ) and that's the problem after all. Whatever the case, I'm sorry for my stupid part in this, and I will honestly try to be more careful in the future.

This was just my desire to be helpful getting me in trouble, and one final time, I'm sorry. I have deleted my post, but I'm sure it's way too late. I'll try and not do something like this again. :)

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110