ERROR: StringRegExp(): undefined function.

Hi there,

I'm sure it's a simple solution but it's got me stumped.

Please tell me how to fix this so I can run the many scripts that reference the "StringRegExp()" function.

I've got all latest Beta version and am selecting the 'beta run' option.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks to all those who have helped develop AutoIt, it's awesome.

Karl

Eg if I try to run _XLCopyRangeExample (downloaded from the same post that includes ExcelCom):

#include"ExcelCom.au3"

Dim $cFilePath=@ScriptDir&"\book3.csv" , $FilePath=@ScriptDir&"\Blank6.xls"

_XLCreateBlank($FilePath)

$XLCopyRange=_XLCopy($cFilePath,1,"",1)

_XLCopyTo($FilePath,3,"A",5,$XLCopyRange,1)

(Sorry, I'm not sure how to show the above code as code)

this returns:

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Include\ExcelCom.au3(169,42) : ERROR: StringRegExp(): undefined function."

StringRegExp is a Beta function. Install beta and run it appropriately and it should work. Cheers,

-Simucal

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

When you run the script, how are you doing it?

To run the script:

Using SciTE, I'm right clicking on the script name tag and selecting "Beta run". On this subject, is there anything I can do to auto link something (eg F5) to run with Beta?

Thanks to Helge for the link; by me ignoring the error the script runs successfully! So problem "solved", or at least managed.

Thanks again to everyone who replied, I really appreciate it

Karl

To run the script:

Using SciTE, I'm right clicking on the script name tag and selecting "Beta run". On this subject, is there anything I can do to auto link something (eg F5) to run with Beta?

Thanks to Helge for the link; by me ignoring the error the script runs successfully! So problem "solved", or at least managed.

Thanks again to everyone who replied, I really appreciate it

Karl

In SciTE, ALT-F5 runs Beta, and ALT-F7 compiles with Beta.

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law