Command a computer remotely with AIM

ok. i'm trying to use AIM (AOL Instant Messanger) to mess around a little bit with my friend's computers. i can kindof get this to work but it isn't doing what I want it to. I basically plan on sending commands in the format "Command: (wat i want to happen)". how can i get it so that it will only do the command when i tell it to though and not keep doing it over and over but have the ability to do it again if i tell it to.

While 1
    $text = WinGetText("", "")
    If StringInStr($text ,"Command: Hello") Then
        Send("Hello {enter}")
    EndIf
WEnd

thats basically what I have been using but its promitive and will probabally need to be rewritten. thanks.

Edit: yes I know there are other programs that are ment to to do this but I only have use for one that will work with AIM

Edited by Kyler Carlson

ok... i made this function to help solve the repeating problem

Func occurance($name)
    $text = WinGetText("", "")
    $number = 1

$stop = 0
    Do
        If not StringInStr($text ,"Command: Hello",0,$number) Then $stop = 1
        $number = $number + 1
    Until $stop = 1
    $name = $number - 2
    MsgBox(0,"",$name)

EndFunc

how can i launch the function though and have $name be the name of a variable. To clarify...

I would do occurance($hello)

and it would set $hello to the number of times the text is found. thanks.

if you just want to say Command:Hello..if you just want Hello use the split function if there is one ,i dont know if auto it had Split or Mid i just know they have it in vb

Um... I haven't heard of that but it could possibly be in autoit somewhere. I'm kindof confused by what it is supposed to do though. The "Hello" is just an example. I eventually might want to open his cd tray or open up notpad and type a message. Really... anything I feel like programing.

question.

are you sending the commands to them over aim or like is it when they type stuff?

and if u want ill help you code this it sounds like it would be fun and id love to do it to my friends also :whistle:

i'm sending the commands via an aim window. Its kindof funny. With my prototye and only partially working version, I send it to my friend and i has it do certian things like when i said "Kyler(my name) wants you to open your cd tray" it would open. It was pretty cool. We both got a good laugh.

Edit: fixed the second quote

Edit 2: fixed the second quopte... again

Edited by Kyler Carlson