Use of AutoItSetOption ( "TrayIconDebug", 1 )

Hello,

I have a au3 file that opens a program and downloads mutual fund data. I have tried various commands to get the software to close afterwards including WinWaitActive to wait until a small OK window is displayed followed by WinClose to close this and another window. I could not get this to work. In the end, I had to use Sleep to allow the program enough time to download, escape to close the small OK window (i.e., the download is finished) and then WinClose the software. This worked. Yet, I would like to learn and understand better what is going on. So, I looked in the documentation and found the following command but I can not figure out where the debug's go to. That is, I have other software and use Dbgview.exe to monitor the process by putting _Trace in the code. Here, in the au3 file I place the following but get nothing in Dbgview. Please help. Is this the correct command to use to see what step is being executed? And, how do I use this and how do I get at the debug results? Or, what should I really be using and how do I use it?

AutoItSetOption ( "TrayIconDebug", 1 )

Thanks for the help. I am making progress!!

If you hover your mouse over the AutoIt tray icon it will display which line your script has stopped at. This can help you figure out at what point your script is failing.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother