Run("taskmgr") and it won't stop grr

If I run that it just loops in the system tray like crasy and I have to shut down to get it to stop . and way to make it run one time then stop or exit the au3 ?

well, that's the setting by default, it'll keep the setting if you change it, or just go to the system tray if you minimize it... you could have your script check to see if the taskmgr window exists and restore it if it does...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

The task manager on XP will only allow 1 instance of itself to run except under two circumstances:

• Two instances are created so quickly that when they perform the check for another instance, it doesn't see the other instance yet because the semaphore/mutex isn't created.
  • The system is running extremely sluggishly and for whatever reason, the check for another instance fails and a second instance is created.
It sounds like you have some other problem going on. Especially if multiple copies of the task manager are being spawned.

No that runs fine just like all the other exe's . first time it has done anything like this .

I start it , you see it running in the system tray and it quits and restarts again and keeps doing it real fast . the little arrow that you click on to show items in the system tray is going back and forth .. and to stop it i have to shut down and reboot .

Edited by bobheart