get html source on "Https"

because I want to use Ron's EncodeIt... i cant use IE.au3 library, however i stole all the pertinant info from ie.au3 for my object create senario...but it errors out to Myerrorhandler()

then i tried Inetgetsource().. problem is the URL is required... i dont know what it is when it changes web pages after the initial URL

then i tried controlgettext..

kinda like these examples

$info = ControlGetText(WinGetText(""), "", "Internet Explorer_Server1"); $handle doesn't work either

If StringInStr($o_object.document.body.innerHTML, "what i am looking for") Then MsgBox(0,0,0)

If StringInStr(_INetGetSource($URL),  "what i am looking for") Then MsgBox(0,0,0)

I did note that INetGetSource() uses DllOpen("wininet.dll")

is it possible to use the same/similar dll call for getting the current URL

... all i really want is the HTML source, any time i am on that page with IE or Firefox, i can right click and get the source

thx

Valuater

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• Moderators

This worked for me:

#include <inet.au3>
MsgBox(0, '', _INetGetSource('adwords.google.com/select/Login4'))

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Awww.. smoke, I liked your avatar!

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

• Moderators

Awww.. smoke, I liked your avatar!

Thanks, my boy picked it out :whistle:

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

So is $o_object a reference to an InternetExplorer.Application automation object (same as what you get from _IECreate)? - use ObjName is you are uncertain...

If so, I would expect $o_object.document.body.innerHTML to have the document body HTML (unless frames are involved). What error are you getting? For testing purposes you might want to include IE.au3 and use _IEErrorHandlerRegister() to get a verbose COM error message if that is what you are getting...

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

because I want to use Ron's EncodeIt... i cant use IE.au3 library, however i stole all the pertinant info from ie.au3 for my object create senario...but it errors out to Myerrorhandler()

then i tried Inetgetsource().. problem is the URL is required... i dont know what it is when it changes web pages after the initial URL

then i tried controlgettext..

kinda like these examples

$info = ControlGetText(WinGetText(""), "", "Internet Explorer_Server1"); $handle doesn't work either

If StringInStr($o_object.document.body.innerHTML, "what i am looking for") Then MsgBox(0,0,0)

If StringInStr(_INetGetSource($URL),  "what i am looking for") Then MsgBox(0,0,0)

... all i really want is the HTML source, any time i am on that page with IE or Firefox, i can right click and get the source

thx

Valuater

8)

Wow... I don't expected Valuater has topics in support! :whistle:

i542

I can do signature me.

• Moderators

as i stated above

8)

Doh!! :whistle: Sorry bud.

@Valuater

Is this a public website that I could give a shot at? Or is this something that needs to stay private?

I feel that without the actual website to work on it would be hard to obtain the proper information for you. We can guess all day.

Edit: Spelling of Valuater's name. lol I always go back and forth on that one.

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

@Valuator

Is this a public website that I could give a shot at? Or is this something that needs to stay private?

I feel that without the actual website to work on it would be hard to obtain the proper information for you. We can guess all day.

JS

the web site is very public... its the actions that i would like to keep more private

this is what could help the most

from the current IE window

thx

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

I know this can be done on the server side, but not positive about client side. I have tried some searching, but to no avail.

:whistle:

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I navigated to my Ebay signin page and tried this

#include <inet.au3>
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
WinActivate("Microsoft Internet Explorer")
WinWaitActive("Microsoft Internet Explorer")
ControlClick("Microsoft Internet Explorer","","Edit1")
send("^{INSERT}")
$url=ClipGet()
MsgBox(0, '', _INetGetSource($url))

It has probably no use but at least I tried.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother