ControlClick

Hello all!

I will begin by saying that I just downloaded AutoIt one week ago, so I don't know much...

I have a problem with a windows properties dialog (like the "right click > properties" on the desktop) that has tabs on top. I can't use MouseClick to navigate through the tabs as the popup dialog opens at a new position every time. I also want to avoid using the keyboard keys. ControlClick, I think, is the only one that is left. However, the whole tab panel on the top of the popup shares the same controlID instead of each tab having a different controlID. How can I access that tab?

If you need more information to clarify this, please tell me.

Thank you in advance,

Angelos

Welcome

I will begin by saying that I just downloaded AutoIt one week ago, so I don't know much...

Arh, old version. :whistle:

The quick way to display properties is this

Run('RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,3')

The last digit in the string can open a different tab to start with.

Hello!

Thank you for your quick replies!

-MHz: that's a cool tip although I'm not exactly trying to access the display properties. I used that as an example. Thank you though :whistle:

-Larry: it seems that ControlCommand is the command I'm looking for. I looked in the help file and it shows that it should be like this:

ControlCommand ( "title", "text", controlID, "TabRight", "" )

However, in SciTE it says that it is supposed to be like this:

ControlCommand ( "title", "text", "classnameNN", "TabRight", "" )

I tried both with no result. Nothing actually happens. Should WinWaitActive or ControlFocus precede the ControlCommand?

It's frustrating because I never had any success with the Control functions. I'm pretty sure I'm not spelling things wrong and that i use the right ControlIDs and classnameNNs.

Tell me if it would help to see the whole code.

Thank you once again,

Angelos

Thank you Larry! Now the problem is resolved.

It is strange because it did not need the ,"option" after "TabRight" and the "text" needed to be blank.

If I want to go three tabs to the right do I copy/paste that three times or is there another way to do that?

Thank you for your time,

Angelos

I tried that and it didn't work. I also tried the other looping functions to now success. Isn't there a simple function that says "do this three times" or something to that extent so you don't have to copy and paste many times?