MathMagic Screensaver

CoePSX

OK... I did a few modifications in the script. Now it's even bigger... Not so simple anymore.

OK, about what you said:

1. Tried to adjust it, should be better now.

2. Done. Yes. It is possible, but it would be too much work.

Added a gradient example to the options window.

The mousemove and keyboard down stuff is solved only in AutoIt. I created a clean dummy window to handle the Windows messages.

The screen redrawing is now done using WinSetTrans.

Check the first post for the code. :P

Thanks! Much much better, i like the color selecting feature too, rockin!

Umm.. whats it do? when I run it it opens and shows a color bar, but none of the buttons work except when I change the left/right color... I ran the .src and my screen flashed and that was it

?? whats everyone so excited about -.-

It's a screensaver, you can't move your mouse or press any key of your keyboard.

The color bar you saw is from the settings window.

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

Still love this thing, although I found a couple of interesting behaviors:

1. If this thing is running on my pc and I then try to login to the pc via Remote Desktop, The session opens and closes immediately and never allows me to get into the pc. Heh, it's practically a security feature!

2. I've set the colors on it to not randomize, and after awhile (perhaps 10/15 minutes?) it starts to draw 2 or something... such that instead of a gradient I get one color. Also, the number in the upper left corner starts appearing in two places, one with the finish color (slightly lower and to the right), the other changing color as the picture is drawn.

Just observations really... it could be that the screensaver is also freaking out because I use a dual monitor setup with Ultramon managing my screensavers. So yeah, that might be it :P

Still love this thing, although I found a couple of interesting behaviors:

1. If this thing is running on my pc and I then try to login to the pc via Remote Desktop, The session opens and closes immediately and never allows me to get into the pc. Heh, it's practically a security feature!

2. I've set the colors on it to not randomize, and after awhile (perhaps 10/15 minutes?) it starts to draw 2 or something... such that instead of a gradient I get one color. Also, the number in the upper left corner starts appearing in two places, one with the finish color (slightly lower and to the right), the other changing color as the picture is drawn.

Just observations really... it could be that the screensaver is also freaking out because I use a dual monitor setup with Ultramon managing my screensavers. So yeah, that might be it :P

I have also noticed this on some occasions. However I am only running a single monitor at 1280x1024.

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

I have also noticed this on some occasions. However I am only running a single monitor at 1280x1024.

Happens occasionally to me too, it also ocasionally will turn the inactive parts of my screen solid black until i refresh them, and it for some odd reason messes with my browser font

i have to minimize and re-open all the windows after leaving it on over night and I have to refresh my webpages and hover over all the browser buttons so the font goes back to normal size.

Anyone know why this happens?

EDIT: I have a single 1280x1024 monitor also

Edited by Paulie

Maybe it could be fixed by adding some command to refresh the sceen just before it close. But I have no clue how...

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

I don't think that's possible in Autoit...

I don't think that's possible no matter what the language in use. If Windows has any sense, that message will never be forwarded to any application and I suspect in this case Windows does have sense.

Look at either RedrawWindow() or InvalidateRect() on MSDN. Those two functions are used to invalidate parts of the screen which will in turn cause a WM_PAINT to be generated. Using InvalidateRect() with NULL for both the window and rectangle parameters should force the entire screen to update. If that doesn't work, have a look at RedrawWindow().

Code updated. That should fiz the redrawing problems when it stays running for a long time.

Thanks a lot piccaso and valik!