Hotkey not working!

Before I make a bug report, I would like to discuss this issue here to make sure that its not my own fault. I'm having a problem with this script.

HotKeySet("{!}", "exclaim")

While 1
 Sleep(500)
WEnd

Func exclaim()
 MsgBox(0, "", "!")
EndFunc  ;==>exclaim

I expect this script to show the msgbox whenever I press ! , but it doesn't do it. Please help!

[font="Fixedsys"][size="3"][u][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"] [/font][/u][/size][/font]

Before I make a bug report, I would like to discuss this issue here to make sure that its not my own fault. I'm having a problem with this script.

HotKeySet("{!}", "exclaim")

While 1
 Sleep(500)
WEnd

Func exclaim()
 MsgBox(0, "", "!")
EndFunc ;==>exclaim

I expect this script to show the msgbox whenever I press ! , but it doesn't do it. Please help!

HotKeySet("{!}", "_exit")

func _exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

[quote name='AceLoc']I gots new sunglasses there cool.[/quote]

HI,

right from help:

The following hotkeys cannot be set:

Ctrl+Alt+Delete It is reserved by Windows 
F12 It is also reserved by Windows, according to its API. 
NumPad's Enter Key Instead, use {Enter} which captures both Enter keys on the keyboard. 
Win+B,D,E,F,L,M,R,U; and Win+Shift+M These are built-in Windows shortcuts. Note: Win+B and Win+L might only be reserved on Windows XP and above. 
Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Win These are the modifier keys themselves! 
Other Any global hotkeys a user has defined using third-party software, any combos of two or more "base keys" such as '{F1}{F2}', and any keys of the form '{LALT}' or '{ALTDOWN}'.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

HotKeySet("{+1}", "exclaim")

While 1
    sleep(500)
WEnd

Func exclaim()
    MsgBox(0, "", "!")
EndFunc;==>exclaim

should work now

EDIT: nvm doesnt work.. idk

edit2: this works tho xD

$key = "{DEL}"
HotKeySet($key, "exclaim")

While 1
    sleep(500)
WEnd

Func exclaim()
    MsgBox(0, "", "!")
EndFunc;==>exclaim
Edited by Golbez

HotKeySet("+1", "exclaim")

While 1
    sleep(500)
WEnd

Func exclaim()
    MsgBox(0, "", "!")
EndFunc;==>exclaim

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Ok ty for trying to help me out guys. And a special thanks to BigDod for actually solving my problem! And Mega, I dont see where it says you can't use '!' as a hotkey in the help file...

Also another question. What is the logic behind "+1"? Since '!' isn't the only key I'm having a problem with. I'm having problems with all the keys which need {} around them. So please explain the usage of this "+1" thing. And I hope someone adds it to the helpfile how to add keys like '!' as hotkeys. Ty again! And please answer my new question. Ty.

[font="Fixedsys"][size="3"][u][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"] [/font][/u][/size][/font]

Ok ty for trying to help me out guys. And a special thanks to BigDod for actually solving my problem! And Mega, I dont see where it says you can't use '!' as a hotkey in the help file...

Also another question. What is the logic behind "+1"? Since '!' isn't the only key I'm having a problem with. I'm having problems with all the keys which need {} around them. So please explain the usage of this "+1" thing. And I hope someone adds it to the helpfile how to add keys like '!' as hotkeys. Ty again! And please answer my new question. Ty.

+1 equates to SHIFT 1 which is !

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother