Finding Controls in a Game

In your classic PC video games (its a fullscreen game, but can run windowed)? I tried the "AutoIt v3 Active Window Info" but it doesn't find controls like it does for the desktop... If "Au3Info.exe" can't find them then its pretty much impossible to use/find them?

Basially, windows pop up in the video game giving text, is there a way to get the text in the windows that pop up other than searching the memory for pointers (Hopefully a way that wont change when the client has a small update).

Thanks

NB

PS. These are the ways I can think off....

a) Search memory for the text and hopefully find a static pointer so I can find it anytime.

:P Take a ScreenShot and maybe use some kind of OCR thing to convert the part of the picture I want to actual text?

c) ?? Hopefully you can tell me an easier way?

Any links to old scrips I should look at or anything would be helpfull :nuke: Sorry if its a silly question

Another Question, When I press a button in the game an in game window pop's up after like 50ms-1sec. Is there a way (functinon) to tell exactly when the window pop's up or just have to wait?

The game isn't english, I don't think an english version exsists... But its called "Elancia" (http://www.elancia.com/).

If its possible with normal PC games (Like Doom or such) I'm sure its possible with this one :P The graphics are kind of low brow and there isn't anything like gameguard blocking stuff :nuke:

NB

EDIT: If its possible to head me in the right direction that would be great aswell... a usefull tutorial, Pinvoke/AutoIt Functions (to find controls, or just windows/controls inside a running game) I should be looking at, or even a autoIt script which does something similar would be great :)

Edited by NvrBst

The "Au3Info.exe (AutoInfo.exe?)" Doesn't seem to work for any of the games I have installed. You probably just can't use controls inside fullscreen video games?

I think the problem is that the controls are customized?. For example: Inside "Minesweeper" there is a button with a smily face in the center. Au3Info.exe doesn't show anything as a control when the mouse goes over it. Inside the games the pop up's that I want to get the text from arn't just normal desktop pop-ups, they are changed to keep the same in-game feeling.

When the pop up window happens in the game you can't do anything untill you press the "okay" button (on the pop-up window) so that the pop up dissapears.

Anyone know a good tutorial for getting text from such in-game pop-ups as this?

NB

• Moderators

2 things could be calling this, these things that you are calling controls, in fact may not be... or these are just pictures that you'll need to play with all the Pixel Functions provided in the help file to get the outcome you desire.

This is providing of course the game even lets you do any type of manipulation.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.