How do I minimize and hide Taskbar?

Rorax

Run("C:\Program\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe http://randomwebsitename.asp")
WinWaitActive("Title of IE window")
WinSetState("Title of IE window", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
Winsetstate("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","",@SW_HIDE)
WinWaitClose("Title of IE window")
Winsetstate("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","",@SW_Show)

Problem is that the hide only makes the taskbar invisible, but it is still technically there since the internet explorer window cant maximize over it. I was wondering if there is a way to minimize the taskbar or somehow change its settings to remove the "always on top" that is on it?

Regards,

Rorax

Run("C:\Program\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe http://randomwebsitename.asp")
WinWaitActive("Title of IE window")
WinSetState("Title of IE window", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
WinWaitClose("Title of IE window")

Problem is that the hide only makes the taskbar invisible, but it is still technically there since the internet explorer window cant maximize over it. I was wondering if there is a way to minimize the taskbar or somehow change its settings to remove the "always on top" that is on it?

Regards,

Rorax

Never tried it, but perhaps you can 'WinMove' the taskbar so its off the screen

Personally, i've never had any problem with the way you displayed above

...kiosk...

OH... thats what the k stands for

I was on Vacation last week, and just got back, and the hotels computers in the main lobby were supposed to only be used for getting boarding passes, and they had some screwy navigation idea through the favorites menu And if you closed the explorer window, you had to log off then back on again to get it open(Only way to run it was the auto-run from log-in

I recommended they ran it with the '-k' parameter, but wasn't able to tell them what the 'K' meant

i also fixed their navigation, because they had it so that if you wanted to get to a site, it had to be on the favorites, so all you had to do was edit a favorite's properties and make it direct you to whatever page you want :P:nuke::) stupid idea

I showed them that it was possible to block using other websites using a similar strategy to what they use in schools(Not great, but a definate improvement) :D

I'm now best friends with a hotel IT department

Edited by Paulie

I'll post a image to show what my problem is.

Sorry, dynamic pages in the %7Boption%7Dtags are not allowed

Had to link to the image.

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=taskbarqw0.png

The empty space you see at the bottom of the image is where the taskbar used to be.

When I use @SW_MAXIMIZE it will maximize the internet explorer window except it wont overlap where the taskbar is hidden

I tried the ControlShow('classname=Shell_TrayWnd', '', '') and the ControlHide('classname=Shell_TrayWnd', '', '') but no difference.

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe -k http://www.autoitscript.com")

That is exactly what I want more or less, but I need to show the title bar so its easy to close the webpage by pressing the "X"

Might be easier if I tell you what its for. It's basically for a person not so good with the computer and bad eyesight so running low resolution. She need to be able to open a webpage that is maximized on her screen and no taskbar (its a javascripted page which I cant do anything about) since the taskbar coveres up part of the page where some buttons are.

edit: I might add that you can actually manually maximize the webpage to cover the entire screen, but maxmizing using @SW_MAXIMIZE only maximize it to the fit the screen and not overlap the area that the taskbar is occupying normally

Edited by Rorax

Thanks for the tip MHz but I've tried using

But the problem is that @SW_MAXIMIZE wont maximize a window over the hidden Taskbar when using the above code, but you can manually resize the window to be fullscreen

Never tried it, but perhaps you can 'WinMove' the taskbar so its off the screen

I checked out the WinMove since I'm very new to Autoit, and played with it a little and did the following

WinMove("IE windowname", "", 0, 0, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight)

And it solved my problem. now the window get centered but still have everything shown like the titlebar etc.

Thanks to everyone that helped me solve this!

Edited by Rorax