What happened with newest beta :S

Hello,

today i downloaded:

autoit-v3.1.1.133-beta-setup.exe

autoit-v3.2.0.1-setup.exe

I uninstalled the old stable & beta version. Then i installed those ^^ two exe files.

But my script didn't work anymore :S with the new AutoIt. It said that modernmenu.au3 had a Global Const that was redeclared or something.

And the function StringRegExp doesn't exist anymore! :P:nuke:

I searched the helpfile, but also NO StringRegExp :S.

Did i miss something or what? Because in my script i need StringRegExp!

Help me plz.

Edited by Noobster24
Programs so far:Teh Serializer - Search for licenses for Nero - Windows - Office - Alcohol etc.

Read some here.

With const variables, you cannot redeclare a const variable or change it's value. It is constant and warning will occur if you try to do any of the previous actions.

Edit:

changed variable to value

Edited by MHz

Don't worry, the functions are still there. The new release still has all of them.

I think there was a little mistake when compiling the help file. A few functions were left out.

Try using the beta helpfile instead of the new one, and you shouldn't have any trouble finding them.

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

I think there was a little mistake when compiling the help file. A few functions were left out.

This was done in beta 133 and was also in 134. Don't you think it would have been

noticed if it wasn't intentionally ? At least before the new release ? This issue have

been noticed and have also been reported some times lately. It's not a mistake.

Read here : http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=216544

I also look in the beta help file, no StringRegExp, and if i want to run my script it gives this error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Beheerder\Bureaublad\Andreas\Custom\~ OSS ~\OSS AU3\OSS2.au3(9400,190) : ERROR: StringRegExp(): undefined function.

StringRegExp($s_SmtpServer, "(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Documents and Settings\Beheerder\Bureaublad\Andreas\Custom\~ OSS ~\OSS AU3\OSS2.au3

Well this is very weird, my old backup file still works :S. This is so strange, well no problems now, i'll report them if i find them (or if they find me..)

cheers

Edited by Noobster24
Programs so far:Teh Serializer - Search for licenses for Nero - Windows - Office - Alcohol etc.

Did you read the link I gave you guys ? If you're using beta 133, 133 or one of the two

newest releases (3.2.0.0 and 3.2.01) then you will have this issue. If you're running your

scripts from Scite then just ignore the errors, or you could do like me and just run them

from the explorer. The errors you get are from Au3Check where the reason for the

errors was also explained in the link I gave you. I give you a direct link to a topic and

post where all your answers would have been answered. Try reading !

Au3Check's database is built from the documentation files. No documentation, no database

entry. Ignore Au3Check's errors when it says StringRegExp() and StringRegExpReplace()

are missing.

I have 3.2.0 installed and SciTE doesn't give me any errors related to the functions missing in the help file...

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

With 3.2.0.0 and 3.2.0.1, Au3Check should not be producing errors. I manually added the "missing" functions to the generated files so that people would stop making stupid posts like (Stupid because they can find the answer just by looking on the forum).

Apparently i didn't refresh my browser, so i did NOT see that link! Thank you, but now there is another problem. Sometimes my script doesn't react anymore, it keeps hanging etc. I wish i didn't install the newest beta & stable. Because the 'old ones' worked perfectly...

Apparently i didn't refresh my browser, so i did NOT see that link! Thank you, but now there is another problem. Sometimes my script doesn't react anymore, it keeps hanging etc. I wish i didn't install the newest beta & stable. Because the 'old ones' worked perfectly...

I think Post#2 answers this question.

The old beta worked fine, but yeah i'll try some things, thanks guys! :P

Well i deleted every piece of AutoIt + Beta(s), also in regedit. I cleaned my PC, i only installed the newest stable version of AutoIt (not a beta). Then i got that error again, the Global Const error in ModernMenu.au3, well i changed the variable. And now everything works without bugs / hangings etc.