AutoSpeed

spyrorocks

Hello, all.

After a while of work, i am pround to present you with v1.0 of AutoSpeed!

AutoSpeed is a autoit script that will allow your active applacations to work to their full capacity,

thus letting you use them at the highest speed possable!

I have been using autospeed myself for a few days now and even i see an inprovement in speed and

useability of my programs.

Updated V1.1

AutoSpeed.au3

Hope you all like it!

Feedback appriciated.

Edited by spyrorocks

No time to look right now, what exactly does it do? Change CPU cycle priority?

[quote name='DaleHohm']You have a strange habit of posting error messages that don't match your code.[/quote][quote name='SmOke_N']Forget the learning... straight to the scripting :lol: (laugh.gif)[/quote]

works for me :P nice job brad once again you did it

froze my system a couple of times.., so it sets the priority of all window processes that are found to realtime, i always thought setting them to normal or lower would make for more speed

Its optional just incase you have lots of apps that take up a lot of cpu. if you do then its best to turn it off.

You dont want to revmove all an apps cpu, only increase it.

Well this crashed my system with only one program running. I opened photoshop, and opened a new file, and it crashed. I have a 3.4Ghz Intel, 2 GB ram.

Seems more trouble than it is worth. For me at any rate. Nice idea though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have something like this that I use - but it monitors where your mouse is - and kicks up whatever your mouse is over to high, and whatever you just left to idle

You dont want to kick anything up to realtime - especially if you are developing anything - you get one thing to go bad on realtime - you aint getting it back - and will have to reboot.

Look at this function I wrote, it lists all the windows that are either visible or minimized, can be used to set process priority:

Func WinHideAll()
    ;Get a list of all the windows.
    $WinList = WinList()
    ; make sure the operation has succeeded or you will get a error.
    If Not @error Then
        ; go through a loop of all the windows
        For $n = 1 to $WinList[0][0]
            ; if the window title isn't "Empty" go on (some windows have no titles, such as the desktop.)
            If Not $WinList[$n][0] = "" Then
                ; Get the state of the window (e.g. is it visible)
                $State = WinGetState($WinList[$n][1])
                ; uncomment the next line to get a msgbox with every window that lets you know what's going on.
                ;MsgBox(0, "Title: " & $WinList[$n][0] & " Hwnd: " & $WinList[$n][1],"State: " & $State & @CRLF & "Check 1: " & (BitAND($State,2) OR BitAND($State,32)) & @CRLF & "Check 2: " & Not ($WinList[$n][0] = "Program Manager") & @CRLF & " Sum (Will be hidden): " & ( Not ($WinList[$n][0] = "Program Manager") AND (BitAND($State,2) OR BitAND($State,32))))
                ; Check wether the window is actually visible or in the taskbar
                If (BitAND($State,2) OR BitAND($State,32)) Then
                    ; somehow there is always something called Program Manager, that's not actually a window.
                    If Not ($WinList[$n][0] = "Program Manager") Then
                        ; At this point, all the checks have passed and the window can be hidden
                        WinSetState($WinList[$n][0],"",@SW_HIDE)
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
EndFunc