outlook

how can I import e-mail adresess from outlook in autoIt?

I believe that you'd have to EXPORT your addresses from within the Outlook program into a .csv format first. Outlook's data file is called outlook.pst and is located by default in a sub folder of c:\documents and settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft Office depending on your version. You can check it out, but I'm pretty sure it's encrypted and also is inaccessable while outlook is running. So you won't be able to read it straight from AutoIt without finding something that will crack the encryption (I know it's possible, programs like intellisync do it, but remember they've got lots of people paid to figure out how).

So automate opening up Outlook, and using the Export/Import function under the file menu in Outlook 2003 and below, create a .csv address book. Then each contact will be on a single line in the file you create. StringSplit() the first line by commas to find which pieces of data are which fields, then StringSplit() each following line and grab the data from the array elements you want. Do whatever you want from there. Mostly you're just automating what you'd have to do by hand...which is of course the original intention of AutoIt :nuke:

I know that's a lot of information in a not-very-clear format, sorry. It's late and I'm not thinking well :P Try this and let me know how far you get.

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

• 2 months later...