Having problems reading from an "Internet Explorer_TridentLstBox"

I have a web page that I am trying to automate the population of about 2000 users now, and more later on. It has a Internet Explorer_TridentLstBox that I need to find a specific users 8 digit number in, select it, then add them to another listbox. I can read the total count in the listbox, I can select an item in the listbox by specifying an index number but I can not find a string which is what I really need to do.

When I read any of the items in the listbox using _GUICtrlListGetText($Listhwnd, 2) all I get back is ¤ê@ which is why I can't do a search for string because it doesn't read the listbox properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

I have a web page that I am trying to automate the population of about 2000 users now, and more later on. It has a Internet Explorer_TridentLstBox that I need to find a specific users 8 digit number in, select it, then add them to another listbox. I can read the total count in the listbox, I can select an item in the listbox by specifying an index number but I can not find a string which is what I really need to do.

When I read any of the items in the listbox using _GUICtrlListGetText($Listhwnd, 2) all I get back is ¤ê@ which is why I can't do a search for string because it doesn't read the listbox properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

Have you tried useing the IE Management functions in the UDFs?

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

yea, it is unable to see anything inside the Cold Fusion thingy.

Thanks for the reply but you can ignore this topic.

I gave up and sulked over to the Quick Test Pro guys and had them do it in like 5 minutes, even with the IE UDF's, QTP is so much better on Web apps it's kinda sad... :P

Mike