capturing mouse/keyboard to create automation

Is it feasible to write a script that would allow a user to make their own automated script? The gui would consist of a start/stop button, or better, a hotkey the user would press that would allow the script to start recording the window the user is clicking, the controlID clicked, any text that is input, and could be saved to a file for future use. Many autoit users are IT personell looking for a scripting solution to avoid installing the same 10 or so programs on the same computers every so often and this tool would make it easy for beginners or those who are not going to take the time to learn scripting to be able to make their own automations.

Has this been done before? I was going to post this in the "idea" lab but that looked like more for the development of the program, not script ideas. :P

If it hasnt been done I'll take a crack at it and all y'all can fix it up so it works. :nuke:

Amp Energy Drink: the official sponsor of me scripting at 2AM.

It has already been done. Download SciTe, load it and then look for Scriptwriter.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother