Create Email pass-through file

paullab

This is in effect what the script is doing (and catering for all those not-text Characters) as well as getting rid of the binary signatures that are used to detect file-types, this bypassing the filters

No, Not directly, but you could creates a copy (fred.exe) then create your text file (in reality a batch file) end edit that to create the output filename you want. (check the attachment below)

MakeChunks() ; select a a file and break it down into chunks (a little les that 40k per chunk)

Makeit() ; create encbin & decbin (these are the magic bits)

Top() ; create the header of the batch File this includes creating the decbin program that does the reconstruction

Body() ; create the body of the File (this is what takes most of the time) take each chunk, convert it to text and

append it to the end of either the header or previously converted chunck

tail() ; the tailend some batch file code to get rid of most of temporary files

tidy() ; a little tidying up.

IMPORTANT.

I use 'encbin.com' and 'decbin.com' to do the real work

Both of these are © Copyright 2002 Terry Newton

and have been released to the public domain.

wow thanks that explains a lot you did a great job

• 6 months later...

Now updated to compile using version 3.2.10.0 of autoit as well as allowing non binary files to be encoded and e-mailed.

It is now also a little faster that to a more correct use of the autoit file functions.

Refer to the original post for the updated .au3 file.

Wallpaper Rotatorwith overlay, Loop through a folder of wallpaper & another of overlay, then create a combined image and set it as the wallpaperE-Mail passthru, Send any file, even executables via e-mail as plain text. The recipient can then later re-construct them.Slideshow widget, A slideshow widget similar to the Vista onePredictive typing using the Numpad, Predictive typing using the numpad of a keyboar similar to that on a mobile phone (the key is the .t16 file).PSTools Front End, For Remote Admin. Just makes life a lot easier (Demonstrates executing external programs and passing parameters, tabbed form Handling STDIN/STDERR)FTP Helper application Up and Download files from an FTP server demonstrates this and Tooltray TipsShow a Map of your Post-codes/Zip Codes, Uses the Clipboard, Hotkeys, the system tray (incl. menus)Disc/CD/DVD Catalogue, Ideal for all those Covermount Discs (Demonstrates Array handling, executing DOS programs, handling STDIN/STDOUT recursive directory reads, file searching.)YAST , Yet another Stopwatch/Timer (Uses a hotkey, Copies to clipboard, handles multiple events and stays on top)Keyboard Status Indicator , Indicates status of NumLock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock Keys, demonstrates API calling & System tray Icon Toggling

This is really useful. I can see myself using this a lot to send executable files to people.

Thanks a lot! Great work!

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

Hi there!

Actually I would say it's not working with Windows Vista!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Huggy

I have successfully used this program on Vista Business (both to create the text file as well as extract the contents of a text file).

Granted I was logged on as a machine administrator.

Looking at the error message I would guess that it has something to do with you access/execution rights

To me it looks like you are not allowed to start cmd.exe which is used by this program

Wallpaper Rotatorwith overlay, Loop through a folder of wallpaper & another of overlay, then create a combined image and set it as the wallpaperE-Mail passthru, Send any file, even executables via e-mail as plain text. The recipient can then later re-construct them.Slideshow widget, A slideshow widget similar to the Vista onePredictive typing using the Numpad, Predictive typing using the numpad of a keyboar similar to that on a mobile phone (the key is the .t16 file).PSTools Front End, For Remote Admin. Just makes life a lot easier (Demonstrates executing external programs and passing parameters, tabbed form Handling STDIN/STDERR)FTP Helper application Up and Download files from an FTP server demonstrates this and Tooltray TipsShow a Map of your Post-codes/Zip Codes, Uses the Clipboard, Hotkeys, the system tray (incl. menus)Disc/CD/DVD Catalogue, Ideal for all those Covermount Discs (Demonstrates Array handling, executing DOS programs, handling STDIN/STDOUT recursive directory reads, file searching.)YAST , Yet another Stopwatch/Timer (Uses a hotkey, Copies to clipboard, handles multiple events and stays on top)Keyboard Status Indicator , Indicates status of NumLock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock Keys, demonstrates API calling & System tray Icon Toggling

Hi there!

Actually I would say it's not working with Windows Vista!

Screeny:

Posted Image

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Huggy

That message seems fishy, considering A) I've seen that exact same message from a virus and B: The message is in engligh, but your system is in a different language :)

Edited by Senton-Bomb

I would suggest that you create a virtial machine sandbox (no access to you PC or the network.) Make sure that it is fully patched and AV is up to date and Autoit installed.

search the web and make sure that you know what encbin & decbin do

Amend the autoit cond not to call makechunks() i.e. not call cmd as well as changing Tidy() to not delete encbin.com and decbin.com and run your AV on this to satisfy yourself as to the behaviour as well as security of what you are doing.

I get error messages when i rebuild the file - the output is ok.

Try reducing the $chunksize global to around 32k

Try reducing the $chunksize global to around 32k

Hmm - i reduced to 32000 and have the same error.

Then i moved the script to a virtual maschine. And both versions (32k and 40k) worked fine.

So the problem is anywhere in my real maschine.

Only if you have a answer without work (don't waste time on it) : can you explain why the same script works without error in a virtual maschine and not on the host?

Thx

Dizzy

Hmm - i reduced to 32000 and have the same error.

Then i moved the script to a virtual machine. And both versions (32k and 40k) worked fine.

So the problem is anywhere in my real maschine.

Only if you have a answer without work (don't waste time on it) : can you explain why the same script works without error in a virtual maschine and not on the host?

Thx

Dizzy

The only other thing I can suggest is that it may be due to differences on O/S between the Convertor & Convertee

Try compiling for ANSI that should work on most