Net User command

Run(@ComSpec & "net user " & $name & " " & $pass & " /add /PASSWORDCHG:NO /PASSWORDREQ:YES /EXPIRES:NEVER") 
Run(@ComSpec & "netuser " & $name & " /pwnexp:y")
Run(@ComSpec & "net localgroup administrators " & $name & " /add")

I can not seem to get this to work. I can get the input fromthe user and I've tried a simple test where I enter a dos command into an input box and pass it through comspec as a $var. It worked fine.. but now I try it with this and I get

line 14 (file "C:\..blah blah .au3)

Run(@Comspec & "net user" & ... etc etc etc")

Error: Unable to execute the external program

The system cannot find the file specified.

I even tried runwait..

tried also run(@compsec & "/c net user" & blah blah blah...

No result.. but if I type it in from the commandline myself.. it works.. :D

here's hoping someone sees with fresh eyes what I did wrong???

edit missed the & after comspec

Edited by cowsmanaut

It doesn't look like any of your examples included a space after the @ComSpec macro. Remember that this is just a link to the command interperter on your system, so you need a space. It should read Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $stuff) or whatever you need. Just make sure there is a space after the @ComSpec.

Fixed my BB code

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

there is a space.. however, that's apparently not the issue..

I've just been told by a friend that it's likely it cannot find the path to the command.. ACK!!! I thought Net was a native command

can I do multiple lines with comspec with the @CR command? Since now I'll need to Setpath z:/bin etc etc..

moo

Edited by cowsmanaut

If you just need to set a directory, use the 2nd paramater of Run:

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $program, $directory, @SW_HIDE)

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

well now I'm seriously confused.. because it seems like maybe Net is a native command.. can anyone let me know?

windows XP pro.

I will say I can run it from a batch file easily enough and it works.. but I'd rather do it this way so I can take the input..

moo

Looks like it is. This worked for me:

Run(@ComSpec & " /k net view")

Run(@ComSpec & " /k net user /?")

worked for me too.. UGH..

$name = inputbox ("Enter your name", "Enter the name you wish to use to log in")

do
$pass = inputbox ("password", "enter the password you wish to use. Remember it" ,"", "*")
$passB = inputbox ("password", "Type your password once more" ,"", "*") 
if $pass = $passB then
    msgbox (0, "thank you", "Thank you " & $name & "your account will now be created")
else
    msgbox (0, "Error", "That was not the same password, please renter your password")
endif
until $pass = $passB 

Runwait(@ComSpec & " /k net user " & $name & " " & $pass & " /add /PASSWORDCHG:NO /PASSWORDREQ:YES /EXPIRES:NEVER")

it now appears to work.. perhaps now that I've typed it out myself a few hundred times??

Let's just blame that Murphy guy and his forsaken law :D

yeah, must be. I even tried restarting and running it again and it still works fine.. how messed up is that. :D

anyway, You have to wonder how a machine based up on mathimatical operations like 1+1=2 can some times give you 1+1=3???

sun spots.. magnetic feilds... slight twitch in the earths orbit?

Thank you very much as usual for your patience :huh2:

moo