IE.au3 not working

I just did a re-install of autoit and the autoit beta (latest versions)

And I get this error when I try to "beta run" in Scite.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Include\IE.au3 (2799) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Return HWnd($o_object.HWND ())

Return ^ ERROR

+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 2.026

What the hell is going on?

The help file scripts all work, but none of mine do.... I know it is not my code because even just the include line followed by an IE create returned it.

I even re-installed scite.

WTF?

Eh?

I have completely un-installed everything again... I think it would be much easier if you just told me (and link me if you can) to what I need to get IE.au3 working again.

I am tearing my hair out here.

Edit:

I was using:

AutoIt v3.2.0.1

autoit-v3.1.1.133-beta-setup.exe

Those versions of the beta and auto it.

Edited by brodie28

• Moderators

Eh?

I have completely un-installed everything again... I think it would be much easier if you just told me (and link me if you can) to what I need to get IE.au3 working again.

I am tearing my hair out here.

All you need to do is install the latest production version. Then install the latest SciTE. With this accomplished you should now be able to use IE.au3 without any problems. Don't forget you need to run the scripts with "GO" or "F5" from SciTE.

I did a complete uninstall and then re-installed the latest production version as well as scite.

I loaded up this script

#include <IE.au3>
_IECreate ("www.autoitscript.com", 1, 1, 0)
_IECreate ("my.yahoo.com", 1, 1, 0)
_IECreate ("www.google.com", 1, 1, 0)

From the helpfile... And then used the "go" option in scite.

Same error I think:

>Running:(3.2.0.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\tstststs.au3"

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (2799) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Return HWnd($o_object.HWND ())

Return ^ ERROR

+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 2.130

EDIT:

And for some reason, when I open script from the help file it STILL works... But when I copy it into my own it gets that error.

Edited by brodie28

It is acting very very strangly.

I opened a new script in scite and entered this code...

#include <IE.au3>

$o_IE = _IECreate ("www.autoitscript.com")

It worked.

I then tried very similar code and got the same error as last time. I have no idea what it is doing : /

EDIT:

It is possible that IEAttatch is the only function not working. Not even the examples.

EDIT:

I really have no idea anymore. Someone please help as I need my IE working perfectly.

Edited by brodie28

Sometimes very strange things happen if you have a zombie IEXPLORE.EXE process running on your system. Please get out of all IE windows, bring up task manager, seek out and destroy any remaining IEXPLORE.EXE processes, then try again.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• Moderators

Dale,

I can comfirm this error. It does have to do with _IEAttach which is being called from _IECreate.

Just found the line causing the error, but I'm not sure why it is doing this all the sudden. Possibly a windows update?

Line 499 which is calling line 2799

$h_control = ControlGetHandle(_IEPropertyGet($o_window, "hwnd"), "", "Internet Explorer_Server1")oÝ÷ ظ§{ný÷br¬q«¬x-æ¶æ¥zºè­«­¢+ÙIÑÕɸ!]¹ ÀÌØí½}½©Ð¹!]9 ¤¤

Well a restart seemed to fix it... I think I had a couple of invisible IE windows lying around that I forgot about from a few hours ago...

It is working fine now... Thanks alot guys, there was some weird stuff going on there for a while : /

At least I ended up with the latest versions of everything :P

@brodie28

Good deal. I've learned that when things don't make sense, I look for that. And always remember: Logout, Reboot, Reinstall, Thank-you for calling Microsoft support...

@big_daddy

Let's work that firefox tab issue off-line... please PM me with some detail on the extension

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble