Backup + progress + compare files

Pietka

Hello all,

I'm looking for nice backup solution with progress bar - simple and nifty thing.

Do you have something like this ? I mean program which copy files from Mydocs, desktop and other predefinied folders to network ( or other drive ) comparing the date of file ( if older skip file )and showing nice progress bar during this process ?

I checked forum - there are many of it but some of them are to simple ( just copy files over old ones ), some of them uses robocopy ( without progress :P

Can You help me with that ??

Any suggestions ( and files ) are welcome !!!

Regards

Hello all,

I'm looking for nice backup solution with progress bar - simple and nifty thing.

Do you have something like this ? I mean program which copy files from Mydocs, desktop and other predefinied folders to network ( or other drive ) comparing the date of file ( if older skip file )and showing nice progress bar during this process ?

I checked forum - there are many of it but some of them are to simple ( just copy files over old ones ), some of them uses robocopy ( without progress :P

Can You help me with that ??

Any suggestions ( and files ) are welcome !!!

Regards

It all starts with posting in the right forum.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?act=SR&f=9

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

yes. v3 Scripts and Scraps is for people to share their completed scripts with the community.

You should post in v3 Support instead.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

• Moderators

Hey - do not agree ... I'm looking for complete solution so the post should be here.

Again request who could help me ?

If you're looking for a complete solution then use the Search function provided or go to RentACoder.Com, this is not a Request forum, it is what it says it is period.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Very helpful ....

Serach - used BEFORE wrote this post. Have not found proper solution.

Completely agree that forum is not a Request&get but maybe somebody did something what I'm looking for and feel comfortable to share his code, work and effort with others.

Regards

I am not aware of a complete solution to backup. No doubt could be one if searched hard enough, but then would it suit your purpose? There are a lot of useful scripts shared and you maybe able to personalize to your own needs with some amount of coding.

Don't worry about the topic as a moderator will move it if needed. The important thing is learning where to post next time. :P

You are right - there are many of them - what am I looking for ?

Simple window with progress bar and information which file is being copied now, verification if file exists in previous backup - do not backup it again, backup should copy files from user's profile - such like My docs, desktop favourites etc.

Tried search option - found some solutions but slighlty different than I 'm looking for - and the worst is that I am not enough good in programming to adjust them in a proper way.

That is way I asked here - maybe somedoy already written something like this ... ?

Any help is welcome from my side!

Hey - do not agree ... I'm looking for complete solution so the post should be here.

Again request who could help me ?

it doesnt't matter if you're looking for a complete solution. You should NOT create topics here unless you HAVE a complete solution thatt you would like to share with the rest of the community.

it doesnt't matter if you're looking for a complete solution. You should NOT create topics here unless you HAVE a complete solution thatt you would like to share with the rest of the community.

Settle down, a mistake may have been made, but no reason to get nasty. Wanting members to abandon their topic and double post is just creating a bigger mess.

Settle down, a mistake may have been made, but no reason to get nasty. Wanting members to abandon their topic and double post is just creating a bigger mess.

Sorry, it just gets on my nerves.