AU3 compiler as script?

Hi all,

I would know if a compiler,like au2exe,exists already in AU3 script;if not,it is possible for someone to do that?

It would be useful for compiled scripts that generates SFX(self-extracting) files(they need to be compiled to be SFX),I could use that compiler for my SOW project(in scripts and scraps).

Thanx for infos and comments.

I have Open Office etc which is a compiled AutoIt script and works well, is this what you are asking about? Done by rightclick by script.

MHz, I'm interested in "Open Office etc..", will you point me in the right direction?

Thanks, ViM

Sorry,I mean a compiler for making exe file:)

Ah, you want SFX creation ability. MakeCab is native to later Windows OSes. You would have to create a directive file first before making the cabinet file. Then you should be able to use the DOS copy command to intergrate expand.exe into it and thus creating a SFX file. CabArc is an alternative to MakeCab, but is not native to an OS.

@Vim

As AutoIt's FileInstall acts like a SFX, then I generate the script in my CMenu shell extension. Open Office is a MSI inside a NSIS installer, so I repacked it using an AutoIt script. When you run the NSIS installer, all the files are unpacked to a folder in @TempDir. Using "AutoIt Archive Script" in my shell extension generates the script for creating the archive\autoit script. Then just need to add code around it to make it into a installation script also. You can see the Open Office script here and some others that were generated by CMenu.

:P

Ah, you want SFX creation ability. MakeCab is native to later Windows OSes. You would have to create a directive file first before making the cabinet file. Then you should be able to use the DOS copy command to intergrate expand.exe into it and thus creating a SFX file. CabArc is an alternative to MakeCab, but is not native to an OS.

@Vim

As AutoIt's FileInstall acts like a SFX, then I generate the script in my CMenu shell extension. Open Office is a MSI inside a NSIS installer, so I repacked it using an AutoIt script. When you run the NSIS installer, all the files are unpacked to a folder in @TempDir. Using "AutoIt Archive Script" in my shell extension generates the script for creating the archive\autoit script. Then just need to add code around it to make it into a installation script also. You can see the Open Office script here and some others that were generated by CMenu.

MHz, Thanks for that cmenu share. I'm still abit confused what clearguy wants, but I guess you helped him.

Believe he would like a script in auto it that brings up a GUI that he can copy+paste his source into and it will give him an .exe file. And no, I havnt seen anything like that.

[quote name='DaleHohm']You have a strange habit of posting error messages that don't match your code.[/quote][quote name='SmOke_N']Forget the learning... straight to the scripting :lol: (laugh.gif)[/quote]

Believe he would like a script in auto it that brings up a GUI that he can copy+paste his source into and it will give him an .exe file. And no, I havnt seen anything like that.

Sure you have, FileInstall("au2exe.exe") to a temp folder, then run it with arguments.

It isn't cheating if it works :P

@Vim

Thanx!I 'll look about this.

Sure you have, FileInstall("au2exe.exe") to a temp folder, then run it with arguments.

It isn't cheating if it works :nuke:

Very good idea,thanx,I think it would work.