RagnaroktA

Remote Administration Suite  

385 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I would use it.
    • I might use it.
    • I would like to see it.
    • Why bother?

GetMessage. Good idea? I've never written an app that used OnEvent, never had issues with GetMessage.

What will happen while you are in the middle of processing something the GUI will be un-responsive, where as in OnEvent mode the GUI will still get the messages it is supposed to most of the time, unless you are just running 100% CPU in a while loop, which I would recommend editing anyways.

Below is a script that I use as my OnEvent template.

Template - OnEventMode.au3

;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
;<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
;Program Name:  Template - OnEventMode
;Description:   Template for OnEventMode GUI scripts
;Filename:      Template - OnEventMode.au3
;Used With:     
;Created by:    Jarvis J Stubblefield (support "at" vortexrevolutions "dot" com)
;Created on:    06/20/2006
;Modified on:   
;Modified by:   
;Version:       0.0.1
;Copyright:     Copyright (C) 2006 Vortex Revolutions. All Rights Reserved.
;<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
;---*** Declare Variables ***---
;<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Global $wHeight, $wWidth, $m_HWnd           ;Window variables
Global $wTitle                              ;Window variables II

;---*** Preprocessor ***---

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ;Set GUI to ONEvent Mode.

;---*** File Installations ***---

;---*** Registry Information ***---

;---*** Command Line Options ***---

#cs UNCOMMENT FOR COMMANDLINE!
If $CmdLine[0] > 0 Then
    If StringRight($CmdLine[1], 4) = ".ext" Then
        _SomeFunc($CmdLine[1])
    Else
        _ErrorMsg("Incorret file extension. Please try again.")
        _TerminateApp()
    EndIf
EndIf
#ce

;---*** Define Variables ***---

$wHeight = 300
$wWidth  = 300
$wTitle  = "Template - OnEventMode"

;---*** GUI Creation ***---

;Main GUI Creation
$m_HWnd     = GUICreate($wTitle, $wWidth, $wHeight)
;Main Options
$m_Options  = GUICtrlCreateButton("Options", 5, ($wHeight - 25), 94, 20)
;Main Help
$m_Help     = GUICtrlCreateButton("Help", 103, ($wHeight - 25), 94, 20)
;Main Exit
$m_Exit     = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 201, ($wHeight - 25), 94, 20)

;Disable Options and Help until added
GUICtrlSetState($m_Options, $GUI_DISABLE)
GUICtrlSetState($m_Help, $GUI_DISABLE)

;---*** GUI Set Events ***---

;GUI Events Handled by _GUIEventHandler()
GUICtrlSetOnEvent($m_Options, "_GUIEventHandler")
GUICtrlSetOnEvent($m_Exit, "_GUIEventHandler")
GUICtrlSetOnEvent($m_Help, "_GUIEventHandler")

;System Events Handled by _SysEventHandler()
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_SysEventHandler", $m_HWnd)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE, "_SysEventHandler", $m_HWnd)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_RESTORE, "_SysEventHandler", $m_HWnd)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_MAXIMIZE, "_SysEventHandler", $m_HWnd)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN, "_SysEventHandler", $m_HWnd)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP, "_SysEventHandler", $m_HWnd)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYDOWN, "_SysEventHandler", $m_HWnd)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYUP, "_SysEventHandler", $m_HWnd)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_MOUSEMOVE, "_SysEventHandler", $m_HWnd)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_RESIZED, "_SysEventHandler", $m_HWnd)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_DROPPED, "_SysEventHandler", $m_HWnd)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $m_HWnd)

;---*** Main Program Loop ***---

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

;---*** GUI Event Functions ***---

Func _GUIEventHandler()
    Switch @GUI_CtrlId
        Case $m_Exit
            _TerminateApp()
        Case $m_Options
        Case $m_Help
    EndSwitch
EndFunc

Func _SysEventHandler()
    Switch @GUI_CtrlId
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            GUIDelete($m_HWnd)
            _TerminateApp()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE
        Case $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE
        Case $GUI_EVENT_MAXIMIZE
        Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN
        Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP
        Case $GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYDOWN
        Case $GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYUP
        Case $GUI_EVENT_MOUSEMOVE
        Case $GUI_EVENT_RESIZED
        Case $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED
    EndSwitch
EndFunc

;---*** Define Functions ***---

Func _ErrorMsg($message)
    MsgBox(48 + 262144, "Error!", $message)
EndFunc

Func _TerminateApp()
    Exit
EndFunc

I hope that helps a bit. I know you have already written most of the GUI, but this really should only affect past the controls.

Thanks for being so open,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will happen while you are in the middle of processing something the GUI will be un-responsive, where as in OnEvent mode the GUI will still get the messages it is supposed to most of the time, unless you are just running 100% CPU in a while loop, which I would recommend editing anyways.

Below is a script that I use as my OnEvent template.

I hope that helps a bit. I know you have already written most of the GUI, but this really should only affect past the controls.

Thanks for being so open,

JS

JS,

The GUI is kinda massive, and since I would have to edit the parent and all child GUIs to use OnEvent, I'm going to go ahead and wait until I get the GUI finalized. I will change it though (might need some help, as I've never done it, and dont want messy code). Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming!

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

JS,

The GUI is kinda massive, and since I would have to edit the parent and all child GUIs to use OnEvent, I'm going to go ahead and wait until I get the GUI finalized. I will change it though (might need some help, as I've never done it, and dont want messy code). Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming!

Not a problem. That is all I can think of right at this moment in time. Let me know if and when I can help.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Not a problem. That is all I can think of right at this moment in time. Let me know if and when I can help.

Thanks,

JS

JS,

Would you be at all willing to convert it to OnEvent for me? I'm not exactly sure what the best way to go about it is... If so, I'll shoot you the code.

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

JS,

Would you be at all willing to convert it to OnEvent for me? I'm not exactly sure what the best way to go about it is... If so, I'll shoot you the code.

Do you have the GUI completely done? I wouldnt want to hold you up. I could probably have it done by the end of the week.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Do you have the GUI completely done? I wouldnt want to hold you up. I could probably have it done by the end of the week.

JS

I got to thinking about it, it's pretty much finished, and what sense would it make to make even more controls work in GetMessage, when they're going to end up OnEvent. Why not convert it now, and if I add anything else, I'll do it with OnEvent. What do you think?

I got to thinking about it, it's pretty much finished, and what sense would it make to make even more controls work in GetMessage, when they're going to end up OnEvent. Why not convert it now, and if I add anything else, I'll do it with OnEvent. What do you think?

Sounds good to me. Send it on over. :P

I will get it done ASAP.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Sounds good to me. Send it on over. :P

I will get it done ASAP.

JS

Alrighty JS, it's all yours. Sent you a PM. I can upload the supporting DLL if you want it, it's too big to attach.

Development on this project is temporarily halted, JS is converting the script to use OnEvent for me, it will prove useful, and add possibilities. I'll post updates as they come. Thanks!

really amazing gui !

i've been working on similar project since one week, but now i'll stop because yours look promised

i would just suggest to use another way of query machine (like an ldap request)

i wait for the code to see if i can help you

good job man

mine was destined to have a full description of the remote machine, include networks

i could be done by running a "net use >c:\temp\log.log" on the remote machine, using WMI,and read this

after

another way thing i've included is the credentials for wmi (connect to the remote machine using admin rights for example)

tell me if you're interested

Edited by arcker

-- Arck System _ Soon -- Ideas make everything

"La critique est facile, l'art est difficile"

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]

Do us all a favor on this one, keep the code tight, try to use as little as possible Global variables, make sure all variables are declared.

Those are the reasons I didn't work on the other Admin Tool after it was taken over, the code was way too loose.

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Do us all a favor on this one, keep the code tight, try to use as little as possible Global variables, make sure all variables are declared.

Those are the reasons I didn't work on the other Admin Tool after it was taken over, the code was way too loose.

Gary

Consider it done Gary, I wont be declaring many Globals, just the Application Name and Version. I would love your input when I get a working version. I'm very open to suggestion. It's harder for me to modify someone elses code, than it is to code from the ground up.

Gary

@gafrost

I am re-working the GUI into OnEventMode...I will make sure I keep it nice clean and smooth.

Consider it done Gary, I wont be declaring many Globals, just the Application Name and Version. I would love your input when I get a working version. I'm very open to suggestion. It's harder for me to modify someone elses code, than it is to code from the ground up.

Do you mind if I change some of your indentation habits? They are a little odd to me. I see why you did it, to denote when a tab and such, but I would just as soon use a comment on the start and end of it to denote it as it also already has #regions throughout.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

@gafrost

I am re-working the GUI into OnEventMode...I will make sure I keep it nice clean and smooth.

Do you mind if I change some of your indentation habits? They are a little odd to me. I see why you did it, to denote when a tab and such, but I would just as soon use a comment on the start and end of it to denote it as it also already has #regions throughout.

Thanks,

JS

Have at it, the tab indentation thing is something I started doing with VBScript, and kinda stuck with me, it makes it easier for me to fly through code, but I'll definately try it with comments and see if I like that more. :P

I would like to test my progress. I have cleaned up all the code down to the functions, and have converted it completely to OnEvent (Other than the Functions), and I need the include files that are necissary to run it. I dont know where to retrieve all of those so please send them to me in a zip or attach them to this thread.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

I have a challange for you. Can you write a script where you enter a domain user name and it will return the machine name/s where that user is currently logged into? I've attempted this several times and gave up when I couldn't handle the frustration any longer.

-Glen

I have a challange for you. Can you write a script where you enter a domain user name and it will return the machine name/s where that user is currently logged into? I've attempted this several times and gave up when I couldn't handle the frustration any longer.

-Glen

It's possible, but extremely complicated. Active Directory doesnt keep that information. You would need to poll the whole domain, put that information in a database, and go off of the database (and that will not keep the most current information).

It's possible, but extremely complicated. Active Directory doesnt keep that information. You would need to poll the whole domain, put that information in a database, and go off of the database (and that will not keep the most current information).

Exactly why I put this one on the back shelf more than once. Too bad, it has great potential. If I remember correctly, Novell had a command line tool that did exactly this way back. If anyone can figure out a better, faster way, I'd love to collaborate on this one. I don't know one network manager who wouldn't plop down $$ for a tool this useful.