RagnaroktA

Remote Administration Suite  

385 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I would use it.
    • I might use it.
    • I would like to see it.
    • Why bother?

Exactly why I put this one on the back shelf more than once. Too bad, it has great potential. If I remember correctly, Novell had a command line tool that did exactly this way back. If anyone can figure out a better, faster way, I'd love to collaborate on this one. I don't know one network manager who wouldn't plop down $$ for a tool this useful.

Have you tried psloggedon.exe from Sysinternals?

psloggedon [\\computer | user]

with \\computer it will tell you who is logged on to the computer

with user it will tell you what PC's that person is logged into...although it does take a while

Hope that helps.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done this before using psloggedon on the result from a netview, but if you are querying 200+ machines it takes a long time to get the info.

You also have to ping the machine in question first to see if its alive, or else it takes even longer.

----[ SandyD ]---

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to give everyone an update!

I have gotten the main portion of the program converted to OnEventMode.. I will leave the functions in GUIGetMsg() mode, and will have to see how that works out.

The GUI looks amazing! Kudos to everyone who has had a part in it!

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Okay I will have to convert all the functions to OnEventMode, but I have figured out how it is to be done! :) Have completed the conversion of the About GUI.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I've tested this tool, pretty sweet. My current problem is that it seems to work ok for everything but the system information - on that it seems to hang/freeze up. You can still change tabs and look around, but the windows hourglass is on all the time then.

I have to kill it and restart, and rescan everything to make it do any other machines then. It would be nice if you could click a cancel button to stop trying to get information like for the domain polling.

Also, it would be really nice if you could have it on startup ask for a Domain Administrator credential to run under, but not so I have to find the program and do a runas...

I've tested this tool, pretty sweet. My current problem is that it seems to work ok for everything but the system information - on that it seems to hang/freeze up. You can still change tabs and look around, but the windows hourglass is on all the time then.

I have to kill it and restart, and rescan everything to make it do any other machines then. It would be nice if you could click a cancel button to stop trying to get information like for the domain polling.

Also, it would be really nice if you could have it on startup ask for a Domain Administrator credential to run under, but not so I have to find the program and do a runas...

Many of the bugs will be fixed in the new version, and you will also have the option of specifying credentials. All of this is planned, and once we get the GUI worked out, it will be implimented. Keep the suggestions coming!

The reason Admin Tool crashed there, is usually related to the WMI service on the target machine. If for whatever reason WMI cannot be contacted, it bugs out. In the new version, I'm also going to try to include a way to search for the information from the machines registry. It will also have improved error checking.

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

Many of the bugs will be fixed in the new version, and you will also have the option of specifying credentials. All of this is planned, and once we get the GUI worked out, it will be implimented. Keep the suggestions coming!

The reason Admin Tool crashed there, is usually related to the WMI service on the target machine. If for whatever reason WMI cannot be contacted, it bugs out. In the new version, I'm also going to try to include a way to search for the information from the machines registry. It will also have improved error checking.

I can't wait!

I've run into another problem, maybe related. When trying to export data, selecting all data (at least with everything but system data selected), nothing at all happens. When saying just machine data I get an error on $SaveFile="" used before being declared and the whole thing exits. This is with save as text/default, I haven't figured out how to save as other types yet.

I can't wait!

I've run into another problem, maybe related. When trying to export data, selecting all data (at least with everything but system data selected), nothing at all happens. When saying just machine data I get an error on $SaveFile="" used before being declared and the whole thing exits. This is with save as text/default, I haven't figured out how to save as other types yet.

Sorry, the export stuff wasnt finished when I uploaded it.

Click here and download the executable, and replace the one in Program Files\Administration Tool. You should be good.

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

Sorry, the export stuff wasnt finished when I uploaded it.

Click here and download the executable, and replace the one in Program Files\Administration Tool. You should be good.

Well, it gets further I think, however it no longer seems to populate the software tab, just the uninstall tab...

Using Excel output I get an error in $xlCalculationManual = -4135, again the variable used without being declared.

Anyway, thanks for trying. I'll watch for the new version also.

I've done this before using psloggedon on the result from a netview, but if you are querying 200+ machines it takes a long time to get the info.

You also have to ping the machine in question first to see if its alive, or else it takes even longer.

look in the registry at the winlogon section and this way it is versy easy to read the current logged on user

registry :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"DefaultUserName"="Logged on User"

I just completed the conversion, waiting for the values for two more variables then testing and relase back to RagnaroktA for completion!

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

I have completely completed the conversion, and re-submitted the work to RagnaroktA.

There is one minor bug of which I am still trying to work out, and I have alerted him of.

Thanks to everyone for their patience, and support!

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

I have completely completed the conversion, and re-submitted the work to RagnaroktA.

There is one minor bug of which I am still trying to work out, and I have alerted him of.

Thanks to everyone for their patience, and support!

JS

Thanks again for your help JS, I'm adding the rest of the GUI controls right now. Updated picture in the first post.

Does that mean we're close to another release, or you've got the backend still to do?

Anyway, looking good in the screenshot.

How about:

• Drive capacities
  • Network duplex
  • installed memory
  • users in administrators group (and ability to add/remove from group)
I'm basing this on using 2.1.7

How about:

• Drive capacities
  • Network duplex
  • installed memory
  • users in administrators group (and ability to add/remove from group)
I'm basing this on using 2.1.7

If he uses my CompInfo library that is found in my signature then most of this will be possible, if not all of it. He has stated that he plans to use that library, but we shall see how he gets it to work.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Does that mean we're close to another release, or you've got the backend still to do?

Anyway, looking good in the screenshot.

Backend is still needing to be done, but if you see my above comment some of it is already done due to CompInfo library.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Backend is still needing to be done, but if you see my above comment some of it is already done due to CompInfo library.

JS

Alright. I've worked out the bug in the GUI, everything closes properly now. I've added all of the new controls and tabs, and made them functional. It's time to start adding the meat. I'll keep everyone updated.

Alright. I've worked out the bug in the GUI, everything closes properly now. I've added all of the new controls and tabs, and made them functional. It's time to start adding the meat. I'll keep everyone updated.

What was the bug in the two GUI's? I have been unable to find it after mulling over it for quite some time.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links