RagnaroktA

Remote Administration Suite  

385 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I would use it.
    • I might use it.
    • I would like to see it.
    • Why bother?

What was the bug in the two GUI's? I have been unable to find it after mulling over it for quite some time.

JS

Well, I thought I had it, but I just realized what you were talking about. It's still not fixed, and I feel like a tard.

Let me know if you find the bug, I'll do the same. I spoke too soon.

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I thought I had it, but I just realized what you were talking about. It's still not fixed, and I feel like a tard.

Let me know if you find the bug, I'll do the same. I spoke too soon.

Ah dont feel like a tard. I am the one that apparently created the bug :P...

You just work on more GUI, and the rest. I will try and figure out the bug :)

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Ah dont feel like a tard. I am the one that apparently created the bug :P...

You just work on more GUI, and the rest. I will try and figure out the bug :)

JS

Not sure what assistance I could offer but I've created a "Toolbox" for our techs to use. It includes the following:

• Remote Regedit
  • Computer Manager
  • Explore C$
  • Command Console (Using BeyondExec)
  • Reset Admin password
  • Add/Remove user from Admin group on machine
  • User Domain Info (Address, Phone numbers, Global Group membership, Echange server, Locked status and ability to unlock)
  • Install/Remove Altiris Agent
  • Force Reboot and 30sec delay reboot
  • Software installed (and ability to remove; taken from another users app can't remember who, name escapes me)
  • Basic PC specs
  • Patch PC (using internal tool that lists which patches are missing, then downloads and installs while giving progress back on own machine using TCP calls)

Not sure what assistance I could offer but I've created a "Toolbox" for our techs to use. It includes the following:

• Remote Regedit - Planned (Local and Remote)
  • Computer Manager - Planned (Local and Remote)
  • Explore C$ - Planned
  • Command Console (Using BeyondExec) - Planned
  • Reset Admin password - Planned
  • Add/Remove user from Admin group on machine - Planned
  • User Domain Info (Address, Phone numbers, Global Group membership, Echange server, Locked status and ability to unlock) - Planned (As a user plugin to be created later)
  • Install/Remove Altiris Agent - My company doesnt use Altiris, so I wouldnt be able to add that part, but if you want it in, shoot me some code and I'll add it.
  • Force Reboot and 30sec delay reboot - Planned (As well as other shutdown functions)
  • Software installed (and ability to remove; taken from another users app can't remember who, name escapes me) - Planned
  • Basic PC specs - Planned
  • Patch PC (using internal tool that lists which patches are missing, then downloads and installs while giving progress back on own machine using TCP calls) - My company doesnt use a homegrown tool. All patching is done from our WSUS server. Again, if you want this added, shoot some code my way, and I'll put it in.

This tool will be pretty robust. It will have a ton of features, shortcuts, built in tools, and plugins (eventually when we get around to coding them). Keep the suggestions coming!

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

The domain I am part of is nation wide, there are hundreds of thousands of machines on the network is there anyway I can just search certain OU's?

Also is there a way to specify a machine by the description? the computer names are very "generic" and the users name is put in the description.

Edited by M3_DeL

I have completely fixed the Find/Specify Machine GUI bug. I have sent you a PM with the details.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

The domain I am part of is nation wide, there are hundreds of thousands of machines on the network is there anyway I can just search certain OU's?

Also is there a way to specify a machine by the description? the computer names are very "generic" and the users name is put in the description.

At the moment, there is not a way to search specific OUs. I do plan to add this in, eventually. You can import .lst files (a list of computer names/IP Addresses) and query only those machines, so that's a quick and dirty workaround.

As for specifying the machine by its description... It can be added in, but is not a current feature. There will be a plugin that is more geared toward active directory users and computers that will have that added in. I could make each item populate a tip of the description in AD, and make it searchable. Would that help?

JS, replied to your PM.

Edit: Okay, so adding a tip to the computer item in the List and Domain view isnt panning out. For right now, I'll just have to make it a searchable item.

Edited by RagnaroktA

Hmmmm... I don't see where there's a link for downloads??? Any ideas.

The application is still in development. Currently, I'm working on the INI file, and various features. Next on my list is adding the functions for information retrieval. Check back often, all updates will post to the first post.

The application is still in development. Currently, I'm working on the INI file, and various features. Next on my list is adding the functions for information retrieval. Check back often, all updates will post to the first post.

Hey,

I have updated my CompInfo.au3 Library, to include a couple of new functions, but I have also posted a list of functions that are coming soon. :) I think they may help with some of the current stuff, and possibly some new features that havent been thought about.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Hey,

I have updated my CompInfo.au3 Library, to include a couple of new functions, but I have also posted a list of functions that are coming soon. :) I think they may help with some of the current stuff, and possibly some new features that havent been thought about.

JS

Way ahead of you boss. I saw the update and planned scripts. I approve. :P If I can think of anything else that would be useful, I'll let you know. Almost done with the logic for the configuration file, wont be long now before it starts to act like it should.

Edit: I also need to find a good solution for encrypting/decrypting text in the .ini file, for the password credential. I'm thinking about using the RC4 include. Is there a better solution or...?

Edited by RagnaroktA

Way ahead of you boss. I saw the update and planned scripts. I approve. :) If I can think of anything else that would be useful, I'll let you know. Almost done with the logic for the configuration file, wont be long now before it starts to act like it should.

Edit: I also need to find a good solution for encrypting/decrypting text in the .ini file, for the password credential. I'm thinking about using the RC4 include. Is there a better solution or...?

Out of curiosity, how big is your settings INI file? If it is large enough have you thought about using a database? (SQLite for example?)

A database would already have the username/password that you are looking for. You could use the MD5 or SHA-1 plugin and hash the values that way there are no plain text passwords stored in the database.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Out of curiosity, how big is your settings INI file? If it is large enough have you thought about using a database? (SQLite for example?)

A database would already have the username/password that you are looking for. You could use the MD5 or SHA-1 plugin and hash the values that way there are no plain text passwords stored in the database.

JS

It's actually not big at all. It will only house settings and the like. As of right now it's 1KB, and I'd guess a max of about 3KB when the app is finished. It's not really big enough for a database yet. It's created on the fly from the script, and just modified from there, so it shouldnt (and doesnt seem to) slow it down at all.

It's actually not big at all. It will only house settings and the like. As of right now it's 1KB, and I'd guess a max of about 3KB when the app is finished. It's not really big enough for a database yet. It's created on the fly from the script, and just modified from there, so it shouldnt (and doesnt seem to) slow it down at all.

Excellent :)

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

er hi...i'm new in here and in auto-it also, but i've tried ur admin tool on my friend's cybercafe and try to retrieve one of the nod there and an error msg pop-up saying "ObjGet Error: winmgmts" and after that it just hang/idle... plz help me on this, if i'm not wrong it something about retrieving info bout the pc's OS or something...

Edited by tenk

er hi...i'm new in here and in auto-it also, but i've tried ur admin tool on my friend's cybercafe and try to retrieve one of the nod there and an error msg pop-up saying "ObjGet Error: winmgmts" and after that it just hang/idle... plz help me on this, if i'm not wrong it something about retrieving info bout the pc's OS or something...

Any 'ObjGet Error:' messages when querying computers mean that the WMI service could not connect to the remote computer. Either WMI on the host, or on the target, is damaged and needs to be repaired. RAS will attempt to connect to WMI, and if it fails, it will tell you without hanging the script. Let me know if you have any questions.

I had a slight problem when running your teaser... does the "About GUI" rely on MFC71D.DLL? I got that as an error.

Edit: It worked after I clicked OK on the error box. Other than that it looks great!

Thanks,

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

External Links

I had a slight problem when running your teaser... does the "About GUI" rely on MFC71D.DLL? I got that as an error.

Edit: It worked after I clicked OK on the error box. Other than that it looks great!

Thanks,

JS

I have no idea what MFC71D.DLL is/does. It's nowhere in the script... the only DLLs it uses are the one provided with it, and some that are standard with all windows versions, so I'm not sure why it popped that error. Could you screenshot it for me and post it here?

Anyone else? Comments, problems?

Edit: I'm getting the same error, trying to find out why now. It happens when you open About, Preferences, etc. It's not a DLL called from the main script, so it has to be one of my includes... hrm.

Edit2: Fixed. You shouldnt get any more DLL errors. Let me know if there are any other problems!

Edited by RagnaroktA

I have no idea what MFC71D.DLL is/does. It's nowhere in the script... the only DLLs it uses are the one provided with it, and some that are standard with all windows versions, so I'm not sure why it popped that error. Could you screenshot it for me and post it here?

Anyone else? Comments, problems?

Edit: I'm getting the same error, trying to find out why now. It happens when you open About, Preferences, etc. It's not a DLL called from the main script, so it has to be one of my includes... hrm.

Edit2: Fixed. You shouldnt get any more DLL errors. Let me know if there are any other problems!

I am curious as to how you fixed it? I am assuming it had to do with the links in our names on the about window.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links