RagnaroktA

Remote Administration Suite  

385 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I would use it.
    • I might use it.
    • I would like to see it.
    • Why bother?

I am curious as to how you fixed it? I am assuming it had to do with the links in our names on the about window.

JS

I'm making the script install the rogue DLLs if they dont exist. It's not mentioned at all in any of the script, it's gotta be in one of the includes, and rather than edit those, I'm just installing the files. I cant even find anything relevant as far as what they do.

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm making the script install the rogue DLLs if they dont exist. It's not mentioned at all in any of the script, it's gotta be in one of the includes, and rather than edit those, I'm just installing the files. I cant even find anything relevant as far as what they do.

Hrm... I will try and look up the DLL and see exactly what it does so you can better narrow down what is needed from it.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Hey thanks! :lmao:

Did you notice anything missing that would be useful in the final script?

Other than what I use differently here at work nah you got it all covered. If plugins will be available then those can be handled easily then.

Not sure if you knew but this site has some cool icons. May want to take a look at them: http://www.vistaico.com/

Edited by powaking

Other than what I use differently here at work nah you got it all covered. If plugins will be available then those can be handled easily then.

Good deal then. Plugins will be available, but I'm still trying to figure out a good way to handle them. Any ideas?

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

Good deal then. Plugins will be available, but I'm still trying to figure out a good way to handle them. Any ideas?

First thing that comes to mind is using an inI for each plugin. I know for my toolbox I have an app that I wrote for my toolbox that gets pushed out to a remote machine. On that remote machine it executes this tool we have build internally that checks for missing patches and stores it in an inf file. My tool then reads this inf and downloads and executes the patches we have internally. Now my tool also reports back to the agent which patch is downloading and which patch its installing via TCP commands. In order for my tool to report successfully I have to issue commands along with it (agents name, agents ip address). When using beyondexec (which is what I use) I find that my commands have to put inside " "'s.

With the INI file can have a line for the apps name, any commands associated with it and if it requires authentication other than what is currently being used (In my case my tool can be used before joining the domain, very useful if you want to create a snapshot image of the machine this way its up to date with patches and such).

The INI can either be created manually or a gui can be made so the user can create their own plugin and write it to an INI file.

Just a thought (quick thought). What do you think?

Edited by powaking

First thing that comes to mind is using an inI for each plugin. I know for my toolbox I have an app that I wrote for my toolbox that gets pushed out to a remote machine. On that remote machine it executes this tool we have build internally that checks for missing patches and stores it in an inf file. My tool then reads this inf and downloads and executes the patches we have internally. Now my tool also reports back to the agent which patch is downloading and which patch its installing via TCP commands. In order for my tool to report successfully I have to issue commands along with it (agents name, agents ip address). When using beyondexec (which is what I use) I find that my commands have to put inside " "'s.

With the INI file can have a line for the apps name, any commands associated with it and if it requires authentication other than what is currently being used (In my case my tool can be used before joining the domain, very useful if you want to create a snapshot image of the machine this way its up to date with patches and such).

The INI can either be created manually or a gui can be made so the user can create their own plugin and write it to an INI file.

Just a thought (quick thought). What do you think?

I like it, I'll certainly give it a shot.

UPDATE

I've been handed a pretty retarded "Clean up someone elses mess" project at work, so I'm going to have to put RAS on hold temporarily.

The good news... The project I was handed has to do with migrating user accounts (we used to use 3-initial AD accounts, our parent company changed to first-initial/last-name) so I'm turning the tool to automate this and complete the tasks remotely into a plugin for RAS.

Remote User State Migration Tool

v1.0 Beta

Screenshot

Posted Image

Edited by RagnaroktA

Sweet! Let us know when you are back on and how this one deal works for you!

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Sweet! Let us know when you are back on and how this one deal works for you!

JS

Will do boss, I should be able to pick it back up real soon. Anyone think this tool would be a good addition? Anyone think it could use a little bit more?

Will do boss, I should be able to pick it back up real soon. Anyone think this tool would be a good addition? Anyone think it could use a little bit more?

We use PC Transplant here. This looks to give it a run for its money. Lets see the end result, I find PC Transplant takes WAY TOO LONG. Why, dont' know, just does.

How are you planning on doing customized templates? INI's with a template builder?

We use PC Transplant here. This looks to give it a run for its money. Lets see the end result, I find PC Transplant takes WAY TOO LONG. Why, dont' know, just does.

How are you planning on doing customized templates? INI's with a template builder?

The templates will be .inf files. This tool is not yet all AutoIt. I'm using Microsofts User State Migration Tool to get the data. Eventually, if warranted, I'll write it all in AutoIt, but I need it fast, and these tools are already available, and free. :">

I think it would be a great addition for sure! Especially if it helps with the plugin implementation you are wanting to go for.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

This program is looking really impressive. I can't wait to try the complete thing.

Thanks for the compliment Slythfox! I'll be able to pick it back up soon.

I've added the first plugin to the first post in this thread. Right now, it's more of a standalone application. It's VERY Beta. The code will be cleaned up later, I just needed something functional. Feedback/improvements appreciated.

You know if you need to fit more on a screen just look to my signature.

Thanks Gary :lmao:

I'll certainly use them if I need to. Most of your stuff is already in the script... heh.

On another note, c'mon people, test the first plugin, give me some kinda feedback.

Careful with the vista like icons you use, in terms of copyrights and licenses. I noticed someone on these forums is using vista like icons that actually can't be used for autoit apps, as it violates it's license.

There are GPLed vista-like icons available. But you need to make sure you include a reference to them somewhere (About menu?)

I believe these are the icons that I am taking about, that are GPLed:

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=31585

Do you know if the official vista icons are public domain?

Edited by Slythfox