• I would use it.
    • I might use it.
    • I would like to see it.
    • Why bother?

Congrats on this project !

Great GUI.

I ran the "teaser".

I have a small display problem however.

Due to some circumstances, I use the large fonts (120 dpi) setting on my machine.

(normal fonts = 96 dpi)

The display is somewhat distorted and looks like this :

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Gyzmok/ras.jpg

Is there a solution ? (apart from me switching back and forth the fonts size)

D2charkeeper = No more 'expired characters' in D2.File Date Changer = Change the file date(s), attributes and the filename case of multiple files @ once.Updater_full = Copy/Update your autoitscripts, pictures, .mp3, .avi etc ... subdirs from your PC to your memory stick or to your external harddisk. Now with scheduling and logging.Questmapper

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful with the vista like icons you use, in terms of copyrights and licenses. I noticed someone on these forums is using vista like icons that actually can't be used for autoit apps, as it violates it's license.

There are GPLed vista-like icons available. But you need to make sure you include a reference to them somewhere (About menu?)

I believe these are the icons that I am taking about, that are GPLed:

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=31585

Do you know if the official vista icons are public domain?

I'm using icons extracted from the Vista Transformation Pack and various other places. No lawsuites have come of that, so I think we're safe. Several of the icons, I've made. I'll check the EULA and Help files for those applications and see what was put in, and I'll add it to mine. I'm not really too worried about it, because the application is free. If I'm not making money using their icons, what's the point of suing? :whistle:

Congrats on this project !

Great GUI.

I ran the "teaser".

I have a small display problem however.

Due to some circumstances, I use the large fonts (120 dpi) setting on my machine.

(normal fonts = 96 dpi)

The display is somewhat distorted and looks like this :

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Gyzmok/ras.jpg

Is there a solution ? (apart from me switching back and forth the fonts size)

Thanks much, it's a pretty big application.

Sadly, I dont believe there is a solution actually... at least not one I can think of off of the top of my head. I'll have to look into it. Here's why: In having two different sets of tabs on the same GUI, it took some tricky coding. We had to create a second GUI with the Information Tabs, and attach it to the first. I believe making the application resizable will fix the problem, but if I do that, it doesnt resize that second GUI, and that would make it much, much worse. If anyone has any ideas for a solution, please let me know.

Edited by RagnaroktA
Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

No to put a damper on this or anything, but you may want to watch out for these guys whose product looks/works just like your admin suite. They have a free version as well.

I'm not promoting these guys, I just thought you might like to be aware that they are out there.

I'm using icons extracted from the Vista Transformation Pack and various other places. No lawsuites have come of that, so I think we're safe. Several of the icons, I've made. I'll check the EULA and Help files for those applications and see what was put in, and I'll add it to mine. I'm not really too worried about it, because the application is free. If I'm not making money using their icons, what's the point of suing? :whistle:

Thanks much, it's a pretty big application.

Sadly, I dont believe there is a solution actually... at least not one I can think of off of the top of my head. I'll have to look into it. Here's why: In having two different sets of tabs on the same GUI, it took some tricky coding. We had to create a second GUI with the Information Tabs, and attach it to the first. I believe making the application resizable will fix the problem, but if I do that, it doesnt resize that second GUI, and that would make it much, much worse. If anyone has any ideas for a solution, please let me know.

If you could bother with it, Im presuming this will have an installer? You could remake the GUI while your in the same font mode as the other guy, and maybe a few others, and when you run the installer, it installs the gui for the chosen font style. But that may be abit troublesom. Having to make the gui again. Well, Editing.
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

They look like they have a very decent program. I don't doubt a lot of the information is the same, but I don't think that their program is close enough in looks to ours that there is a need for change.

Rag, Good work, and glad to see you back on the project.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

They look like they have a very decent program. I don't doubt a lot of the information is the same, but I don't think that their program is close enough in looks to ours that there is a need for change.

Rag, Good work, and glad to see you back on the project.

JS

Yeah, it looks pretty good. When I end up rewriting this in .NET I'll keep them in mind. If I have a chance to write it for both font modes, I'll do it, or if I can figure out how to lock the sizes... hrm.

JS, thanks! I'm about to start attaching your scripts. I'll let you know if I hit any walls.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

This looks great but were is the download?

It would sure be nice to have it.

The download is not available yet, as it's still in heavy development. Although most of the code is already finished, it does need to be cleaned up, and implimented. We're trying to make this much faster, and more efficient. I'll be updating the teaser shortly, but the public Beta will probably not be out for around a week or so, while I impliment JSs ComputerGetInfo UDF's.

Edited by RagnaroktA

The download is not available yet, as it's still in heavy development. Although most of the code is already finished, it does need to be cleaned up, and implimented. We're trying to make this much faster, and more efficient. I'll be updating the teaser shortly, but the public Beta will probably not be out for around a week or so, while I impliment JSs ComputerGetInfo UDF's.

can't wait to see this, i could definitely use it!

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Public beta released. See first post for details.

Let me be the first to say: "good job!"

Do you want bug/feature reports to start rolling in? Just curious... here's the stuff I see right away, perhaps I'll see if i can help as well:

-make the window resizable?

-progress bar sticks in the last position it was in

-icons need tooltips to pop-up

as far as functionality, looks like you have a lot of sections that need completing, so I'll leave that alone for now ;)

Love it though, great stuff!

Also for your Remote User Migration tool, looks like there's a few includes you need to add to the zip:

RUSMT.au3(69,11) : ERROR: can't open include file 'MarqueeProgress.au3'
    #include 'MarqueeProgress.au3'
    ~~~~~~~~~^
RUSMT.au3(71,11) : ERROR: can't open include file 'NetSend.au3'
    #include 'NetSend.au3'
    ~~~~~~~~~^

edit: progress not needed, forgot to run in beta.

Edited by fisofo

Let me be the first to say: "good job!"

Do you want bug/feature reports to start rolling in? Just curious... here's the stuff I see right away, perhaps I'll see if i can help as well:

-make the window resizable?

-progress bar sticks in the last position it was in

-icons need tooltips to pop-up

as far as functionality, looks like you have a lot of sections that need completing, so I'll leave that alone for now ;)

He certainly has done an excellent job! Great work.

The functionality is my fault. He is awaiting some new scripts from me. I have been quite busy as of late, I hope to have these out very soon.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Let me be the first to say: "good job!" Thanks! We've all worked pretty hard on this.

Do you want bug/feature reports to start rolling in? I'd love to know what everyone thinks. Are we missing some features? And yes, certainly post bugs here, or PM me and I'll take a crack at fixing them.

Just curious... here's the stuff I see right away, perhaps I'll see if i can help as well:

-make the window resizable? Not sure this can be done... We had to rig the program to allow two different sets of tabs, and in doing that we had to create two GUIs, and embed the information tabs into the main GUI. It's something I'm going to look into, but only after the application is almost ready.

-progress bar sticks in the last position it was in That's an issue with the marquee progress bar. There's also not a way to reset it to show no progress (at least not one I know of...). I like the marquee, because it shows you that the program is not frozen while retrieving information, so yeah, not sure what to do about this... ;)

-icons need tooltips to pop-up If you're referring to the buttons in the toolbar, they will have tool tips. The toolbar is something I'll be working on today actually. Graphically it's there, but right now, it's not at all functional. If you're talking about something else, let me know what it is!

as far as functionality, looks like you have a lot of sections that need completing, so I'll leave that alone for now :evil:After I finish out the toolbar, I'll be designing the tabs for those items that are not completed (Network, Hardware, etc.). JS is working hard putting the functionality I want in my hands, and I'm not going to rush him, so those will be ready, when they're ready. :lmao:

Also for your Remote User Migration tool, looks like there's a few includes you need to add to the zip:

RUSMT.au3(69,11) : ERROR: can't open include file 'MarqueeProgress.au3'
    #include 'MarqueeProgress.au3'
    ~~~~~~~~~^
RUSMT.au3(71,11) : ERROR: can't open include file 'NetSend.au3'
    #include 'NetSend.au3'
    ~~~~~~~~~^

edit: progress not needed, forgot to run in beta.

I put that plugin/project on hold to concentrate more on RAS. I'll pick that up again, there's several things I need to work out. I will have includes, etc in the final, or even the next release. It will also be able to report the progress from the remote machine, to the tool on the host. There's quite a bit of code to write, but in time I'll get it done.

He certainly has done an excellent job! Great work.

The functionality is my fault. He is awaiting some new scripts from me. I have been quite busy as of late, I hope to have these out very soon.

Thanks,

JS

No rush JS, thanks again for your hard work. Your CompInfo functions have really made this tool fly. Let me know if you need help, and thanks for the compliments!

Anyone else have anything to add?

No rush JS, thanks again for your hard work. Your CompInfo functions have really made this tool fly. Let me know if you need help, and thanks for the compliments!

I just finished my Parser so that I can be sure everything will be uniform, and I wont have to create all the functions by hand anymore. (I should have done this from the start)

Thanks for the praise on my functions.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...