Secure anti-leaking

Azu

• Moderators

I'm sorry, but when I run the code you posted, all I can see it do is make a messagebox, I don't understand how to use this to do anything useful..

That was the whole point Azu, that's all it does is a MsgBox... Did you have any idea what it was going to do before you ran it? No, and most people wouldn't... sure you can follow it down, and see what functions are being called because this was a simple little task with no dummy functions or whatever. But you had no idea what it was going to say, or what anything in there said.

If you can't see how this can help... ask the blind man, he'll have more insight.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the whole point Azu, that's all it does is a MsgBox... Did you have any idea what it was going to do before you ran it? No, and most people wouldn't... sure you can follow it down, and see what functions are being called because this was a simple little task with no dummy functions or whatever. But you had no idea what it was going to say, or what anything in there said.

If you can't see how this can help... ask the blind man, he'll have more insight.

Hi, I think there was a misinterpretation about what I meant.

I know that making code in that style can make it harder for someone who decompiles it to understand it.

That isn't what I am asking though.

I'm asking for a way to prevent someone I give my program to from selling it or giving it away to thousands of other people.

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. And I wasn't intending to cause any offense.

• Moderators

There wasn't any offense, but you don't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel either.

There are many scripts that will make it a licensed script only. How you manage that is completely up to you... but the work has already been done, just look at Valuaters XProTect, if you can't donate for it, then look at some of the other similar posts, and figure out the best means of registration for you specifically, I believe even th.meger wrote one not too long ago: , those mixed with some sort of obfuscation should be all you need for the kiddo's you'll be Selling/Giving them out too.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

There wasn't any offense, but you don't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel either.

There are many scripts that will make it a licensed script only. How you manage that is completely up to you... but the work has already been done, just look at Valuaters XProTect, if you can't donate for it, then look at some of the other similar posts, and figure out the best means of registration for you specifically, I believe even th.meger wrote one not too long ago: , those mixed with some sort of obfuscation should be all you need for the kiddo's you'll be Selling/Giving them out too.

Thank you for the links, they come very close to what I'm looking for. Not quite though.

On XproTect, all the person has to do to leak it is give out the registration key and stuff.

On th.meger's script, all the person has to do is put the registry key ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", "InstallDate") in a .reg and have the people run it.

I am looking for a way to prevent anyone else from using it except for a few chosen people.

BTW I don't mean to put down those two protection scripts, I think they are very well made and useful, I am just saying that they aren't exactly what I'm looking for..

Edited by Azu

• Moderators

Well, then do what I did, I wrote my own protection scheme (Not one I'll share of course).

I see nothing wrong with th.meger UDF. Unless you tell them how it knows to only do it on that computer, then they won't know where to find the information in the registry. Why not just use the drive's serial number instead? Better yet, I don't know how to get this information(never tried), but try using the MAC address. The only way a computer can have the same MAC address as another is if you move the network card between the computers. I'm not sure how hard people are going to try to pirate this amazing software, but I'm sure they wont switch network cards just to use it.

The MAC address is extremely easy to spoof by script kiddies nowadays.

There is nothing to stop anyone from decompiling th'emger's code and finding the registry key.

It can be done the easiest way, simply going straight to the file itself.

No memory dumping or anything is required. No skill is required. Any noob will be able to do that and then let everyone else on the internet use it. :P

As for the drive's serial number, I'm not sure how to get that, but if it's like the MAC id it can probably also be spoofed, and it will probably change everything the person does something with their drives.

:nuke:

• Moderators

Well Azu, it's been explained to you over and over that "nothing" is totally secure. You can only do everything you can do to make your program as safe as possible.

I am not going to upload my own personal registration optioin, but I made this one in about 20 minutes, I didn't really test it too much, so I don't know how secure it really is... but good luck.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/SmOke_N/EnCoded_Registration.zip

• Moderators

Been almost an hour, and I saw you here Azu a while ago... Cracked it yet?

Thanks.

What I meant was, I'm trying to figure out how I can let someone use my program, but if he tries giving it to other people, it won't work for them, only for him.

Or her.

:) It's really simple "Don't write in AutoIt". It was not made with this in mind, this has been explained again and again!

I'm sorry, but when I run the code you posted, all I can see it do is make a messagebox, I don't understand how to use this to do anything useful..

This is simple to use this link and do some homework :P

Ohh, well you could also put up a big fat contract at rentacoder. I'll give you a (big fat :nuke: ) bid to make it happen :D Or even better get the AutoIt source and make a proof of consept. Or even wait for Jon to finish his tokken stream project.

:) It's really simple "Don't write in AutoIt". It was not made with this in mind, this has been explained again and again!

This is simple to use this link and do some homework :P

Ohh, well you could also put up a big fat contract at rentacoder. I'll give you a (big fat :nuke: ) bid to make it happen :D Or even better get the AutoIt source and make a proof of consept. Or even wait for Jon to finish his tokken stream project.

Hi.

You haven't read anything in this topic or you haven't understood it.

Preventing an autoit exe from being decompiled into an autoit script is not what I'm looking for, nor does it do any good whatsoever. It does not, in any way, prevent a script kiddie from decompiling it into ASM.

Even if it did, that is not what I'm looking for.

I'm sick of having to repeat myself because people won't read the posts in a topic before replying with "Oh my god, search!~111". So I'm not going to anymore. You can just go back and read.

• Moderators
:P I'm still waiting for the "Script Kiddies" to break the registration option, I'd have thought as little time as I put in it, one of the kiddies would have... :nuke:

I'm sick of having to repeat myself because people won't read the posts in a topic before replying with "Oh my god, search!~111". So I'm not going to anymore. You can just go back and read.

I think people are also sick of explaining to you that what you were asking is not possible to do. Anything that you pass out for whoever to be run on a computer can be read in anyway a computer can do with the data.

I remember the old days when someone invented the the bad sector thingy on those 5 1/2 floppy games where normal diskcopy can't copy them. In the end people still able to copy these disks when certain copy boards were avaliable on sale.