Au3Check.exe

tylo

• Developers

This can be done by using the STDOUT parameters on RunWait and using StdoutRead & StderrRead to get the info from au3check.

I do the same in AutoIt3Wrapper. :)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Am I correct to assume that stdErr is always blank? I should only look at stdOut?

Also, if au3check returns 0, will aut2exe always succeed?

or should I check aut2exe for some kind of error also and, if so, what error codes?

This can be done by using the STDOUT parameters on RunWait and using StdoutRead & StderrRead to get the info from au3check.

I do the same in AutoIt3Wrapper. :)

RunWait now has STDOUT parameters? Undocumented feature?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

Am I correct to assume that stdErr is always blank? I should only look at stdOut?

STDERR is used but all found warnings/errors are send to STDOUT.

Also, if au3check returns 0, will aut2exe always succeed?

or should I check aut2exe for some kind of error also and, if so, what error codes?

You are asking the wrong question here.

All aut2exe does is convert the source into an EXE and doesn't do any error checking. only lexing issues are reported.

Now does au3check ensures error free running of the script? the answer is simple:NO!

Errors like these are not reported and the script will fail:

dim $a[5]
$x = $a[5]

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 6 years later...
  • Moderators

getloader,

And after 9 years are you surprised? :huh:

You have >already been given a link to the latest Beta version of Au3Check - just go there. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 8 months later...

Ok I found a relatively recent version of au3check, and today I've decided to share it with you via a site I'm building myself (In french for now). You'll notice the site is in a very early stage, and still looks like nothing. Any volunteer help on the project would be appreciated, I promise it will look good in your resume!

Enough talk here's the link: http://directseed.zz.mu/commentaires.php?billet=27

If ever my own site goes 404 one day and someone still needs the file, check this out

Thanks

We don't need an external site to host Au3Check, it comes with AutoIt3 in the download.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

yhu420,

And you have of course asked the authors of Au3Check if you can "correct the numerous bugs" in their code and post the result?

And I would point out your "notable" bug is one that has been corrected and is available as a Beta - as pointed out in nearly all the above replies.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 6 years later...
  • Developers
2 hours ago, SonJoe said:

Looks like the download link is broken. Can't find it at http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/au3check/ and in the recently downloaded AutoIt, I can't find it either.

Has it been discontinued? Or is there a new tool with other name that overtakes that checking?

It is part of the AutoIt3 installer, so should be there standardly when you have ran the installer.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

11 hours ago, Jos said:

It is part of the AutoIt3 installer, so should be there standardly when you have ran the installer.

Do you have an idea how I can check the arrays with possible excess of elements.

Edited by boludoz

5 minutes ago, Jos said:

No idea what you are asking me with the array question...  please elaborate ...

Local $a[1] = [0]
For $iError = 0 To 9999
 $a[$iError] = "Error"
Next

+>16:20:41 AU3Check ended.rc:0
+>16:20:41 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.

I understand that there may be external elements like a string split that make this unpredictable, but this example is predictable.

Edited by boludoz

• Developers

Au3check just checks the syntax and isn't running the script, so it isn't predictable for au3check.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.