Au3Check.exe

tylo

Can it not strip the stuff between the paren's comma and end parenthesis...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does not appear to. There are also no options in the program options to do this.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

You could always write a script to take the Console output and modify it :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't put the modified text back into the UltraEdit output window. It is read only and is not read from a file. Edited by Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Au3check (v1.45) doesn't accept full filename includes.

AutoIt v3.1.1.63 does NOT throw any error (which is good and expected).

I used this line:

#include 'C:\scripts\MyUDFs.au3'

and Au3check returns multiple lines like this:

...\Test.au3(2,10) : ERROR: illegal character in include directive

#include '

~~~~~~~~~^

...\Test.au3(2,11) : ERROR: illegal character in include directive

#include 'C

~~~~~~~~~~^

Edited by SlimShady

• 2 weeks later...

tylo, don't know if you're keeping up, but David has added Switch/EndSwitch and Au3 Check is currently unhappy about it when used. When you get a chance, could you please add this new construct.

Hello,

First, my congratulation for this very good tools !

Second time, I've vérify a script with the v1.12 :

---> I've 2 errors (Local specified in the global scope) and 1 warning ($input_utilisateur: possibly used before declaration.).

Now I use on the same script (not modified) the v1.45 and I've only the warning... Where're the errors ? Is it normal than I can use Local in a global scope ?

With the release 1.39, this error is now an optional warning... But in the report of the syntax check I don't find 2 warning (oldly the error) more (only $input_utilisateur: possibly used before declaration. is specified).

Is it a problem in this great utilities (or I code with my foot :dance: ) ?

:whistle:

1.39 : fixed: bug in CLI options. Enum fixes. Made 'Local in global scope' be opt. warning.

1.25 : obeys that For-loop declares counter (Local in funcs, Global outside). Changed warning nums.

----------------------GroumphyMore information about me [Fr]

Hello,

First, my congratulation for this very good tools !

Second time, I've vérify a script with the v1.12 :

---> I've 2 errors (Local specified in the global scope) and 1 warning ($input_utilisateur: possibly used before declaration.).

Now I use on the same script (not modified) the v1.45 and I've only the warning... Where're the errors ? Is it normal than I can use Local in a global scope ?

With the release 1.39, this error is now an optional warning... But in the report of the syntax check I don't find 2 warning (oldly the error) more (only $input_utilisateur: possibly used before declaration. is specified).

Is it a problem in this great utilities (or I code with my foot  :dance: ) ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Local to the global scope is just global. Its not an error or really not even warning material.

and the new function ObjName() was added in 3.1.1.63 -- I imagine you are aware of this, but this is my call for help as I've had to answer a lot of questions about this "error".

Many people just don't get that Au3Check is a preprocessor/syntax checker (although you've done such a good job of it they typically don't need to care).

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

and the new function ObjName() was added in 3.1.1.63 -- I imagine you are aware of this, but this is my call for help as I've had to answer a lot of questions about this "error".

Many people just don't get that Au3Check is a preprocessor/syntax checker (although you've done such a good job of it they typically don't need to care).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those sorts of "issues" can be fixed yourself. Thats as simple as looking at the file format for Au3Check.dat and adding the the function name in with the proper number of parameters.

The problem we have here is there's no official way of getting updates pushed out each new release without JdeB. I suppose that I could look into doing some automated push of the appropriate files after each new release since it is my script that generates the files in the first place. I'll have a think on the best way to accomplish that but its going to have to require no more effort on my part than clicking a button (Writing a script to push the updates excluded from the effort). The delay between a new release of AutoIt and new versions of the file would be a day in the worst case but more realistically a matter of hours. Both are significantly better than the once per SciTE update JdeB releases.

I have ideas in mind, I'll see about getting something set up.

Local to the global scope is just global.  Its not an error or really not even warning material.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Valik,

Thanks for this answer.

I'm OK with you, this is not a big problem for running the script but I think the initial function of the script is the correction of the syntax. And here the syntax is not correct... Why not give a warning for sort of syntax error for say "This is not correct but not I give attention on" ? (Here was my initial think).

----------------------GroumphyMore information about me [Fr]

Whats incorrect about it? Using Local at the global scope is no different than using it inside a function. It just happens to be that the local scope in this case is visible to the entire script instead of just one function. The Global keyword is actually superfluous. Its only real use comes in the ability to define a global variable inside a function. That, however, is very poor coding style and should be avoided. Outside of using it to write poor code, Global is more or less just a hint to the scripter as to the scope of a variable more than it is a hint to the program itself. Its more intuitive to read variables defined as being "Global" when you see them outside of functions. But it is not a syntax error if they are not defined as "Global".

Just back from vacation, but I've still got two days left and it's raining outside. Good day for updating au3check. :whistle:

/ADD: Attatched v1.46 to first post.

- support for Switch block.

- support for ContinueCase keyword.

- support include file names surrounded by single quotes.

Cheers.

Edited by tylo

blub

I've uploaded v3.1.1.66 definitions here.

Files:

• au3.api - SciTE API definition file. This is the calltip information SciTE displays.
  • au3.keywords.properties - SciTE keyword file. This is the auto-complete information SciTE displays.
  • au3check.dat - This is the database Au3 Check uses for syntax checking.
I will be keeping these 3 files up-to-date with each new beta release. The files will be updated after each new release once I install that release so there will be a delay of a few hours to a day or two depending on how long it takes me to update (Realistically, its only a couple hours but I make no guarantees).

There is a bug for TCPStartup TCPShutdown thay don't have parameter.

missing UDPStartup UDPShutdown.

Do we need the way the doc is written as they are aliases.

I bitched about this in the private forum but nobody responded. I also have the problem taken care of but I didn't upload a set of definitions with those functions in it. I didn't realize there was a discrepancy between my "official" configuration settings for the script and the test settings I used to generate the files I uploaded. It will be fixed in the future assuming I can get my current script working correctly (Its currently sensitive to whitespace when it doesn't need to be).

It would be useful to have the last Au3check.exe ... at the same place.

Do you intend to have a script as "Check for updates"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again, I asked this in the private forum but tylo must not of seen it because he didn't respond. The program is his so it is up to him whether or not he wants to host it there. I am only providing updated definitions which I auto-generate. I do not intend to provide any update checking for what I am uploading nor do I intend to maintain multiple or per-version copies. The whole process will be automated and just a small extension to the script which generates the files.

Edit: Uploaded a new set for 3.1.1.66 which fix the missing entries.

Edited by Valik