Wierd Character

Hi,

Each time i try to WinGetText from Windows Messenger service, all works well except that when I capture the message and FileWriteLine to a text file, I get a weird character at the end of each capture. a funny looking small rectangle shape appears. i believe this is a "ENTER" cos when I directly copy and paste into a new notepad, it creates a line spacing in between the original lines.

can someone enlighten me as to how i can avoid this "ENTER"? Or maybe use String functions to remove this char?

thanks.

mouse not found....scroll any mouse to continue.

• Moderators

Hi,

Each time i try to WinGetText from Windows Messenger service, all works well except that when I capture the message and FileWriteLine to a text file, I get a weird character at the end of each capture. a funny looking small rectangle shape appears. i believe this is a "ENTER" cos when I directly copy and paste into a new notepad, it creates a line spacing in between the original lines.

can someone enlighten me as to how i can avoid this "ENTER"? Or maybe use String functions to remove this char?

thanks.

Local $sString = StringStripCR(WinGetText('Whatever title'))
FileWriteLine(FileLocation, $sString)oÝ÷ ØêÚºÚ"µÍØØ[ ÌÍÜÔÝ[ÈHÚ[Ù]^
    ÌÎNÕÚ]]]IÌÎNÊK   ÌÍÜÒÛØØ[ ÌÍÜÔÝ[ÈHÝ[ÔÜ]
Ý[ÔÝÔ   ÌÍÜÔÝ[ÊKBÜ   ÌÍÚPÐÈHHÈ ÌÍÜÔÝ[ÖÌBY   ÌÍÜÔÝ[ÖÉÌÍÚPÐ×H ÉÝÈ  ÌÎNÉÌÎNÈ[ ÌÍÜÒÛ  [ÏH    ÌÍÜÔÝ[ÖÉÌÍÚPÐ×B^[UÜ]J[SØØ][Û    ÌÍÜÔÝ[ÊoÝ÷ ØêÚºÚ"µÍÌÍÜÔÝ[ÈHÚ[Ù]^
    ÌÎNÕÚ]]]IÌÎNÊBÜ ÌÍÚPÐÈHHÈÌB  ÌÍÜÔÝ[ÈHÝ[ÔXÙJ ÌÍÜÔÝ[ËÚ ÌÍÚPÐÊK    ÌÎNÉÌÎNÊB^[]J[SØØ][Û    ÌÍÜÔÝ[Ê
I could keep going on and on lol.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

thanks SmOke_N.

well, your first eg looks easy and simple to understand. i will take tat.

will try to understand your other 2 advanced scripts some other time.

once again, thanks.

mouse not found....scroll any mouse to continue.