open folder & Run a Program with options....

Kaso

I have run into 3 simple road blocks.

1. Trying to open a folder. I have been using start and run and then the path but I would just like to know how to open a folder directly without seeing anyother windows. I thought the run command should work but it only works with .com, .exe. bat etc. which leads me to my next problem

2. I have a program to open which ends .WS "C:\Program Files\Personal Communications\private\MVS.WS"

This is what is in the startline of the shortcut. Curious how to just run a file.

3. I also am trying to run another program which ends in .exe but i have options to run with that exe and I can not figure out how. for example

run("c:\test.exe") that would work but run("c:\test.exe -switch") will not work. How do I incorporate the switches that need to be run?

I have run into 3 simple road blocks.

1. Trying to open a folder. I have been using start and run and then the path but I would just like to know how to open a folder directly without seeing anyother windows. I thought the run command should work but it only works with .com, .exe. bat etc. which leads me to my next problem

2. I have a program to open which ends .WS "C:\Program Files\Personal Communications\private\MVS.WS"

This is what is in the startline of the shortcut. Curious how to just run a file.

3. I also am trying to run another program which ends in .exe but i have options to run with that exe and I can not figure out how. for example

run("c:\test.exe") that would work but run("c:\test.exe -switch") will not work. How do I incorporate the switches that need to be run?

1. Just run explore:

$path = "c:\temp"
Run("explore.exe " & $path)oÝ÷ Ûb¶­ßÛY!ìr¸©·*.(!·§¶Ú+ºx­Â+aº¹oÝ÷ ÛtájÛ!¢é]«ÞÂäyÖ«{*.²êÞ¶jÈ]zX¦Û)j¶¦z׫±ú+¶­{k&Þjëh×6Run("c:\test.exe /switch", @TempDir, @SW_SHOW)

:P

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

yesh it is - in 1 case i have for exaplce here is the properties of the shortcut

"c:\program files\Program.exe -vmargs -Xmx128M"

In another case it is / so I'll fix that one up and let ya know. but I think it should also work for the one using -

Thanks for the help

Ok I got it cleaned up. FYI for anyone looking at this for reference it is Run("explorer.exe" & path), Works like a charm thanks. As for the path the has - as delimiters I used the same thing as $path but for my other delimiter it had / and " in it as well. I will have to wait till i am at work to give that one a try. Thanks for the Help. O yeah the .WS It is an IBM mainframe program to interface with the mainframe, i'll try the cscript but not sure if its gonna work. Let ya know.