Creating a bot

I haven't started the coding yet. I've just been trying to figure out how I need to come at this. Now looking at the website I can't figure how to come at this friend bot issue.

1/ Through the browsing option to search for people, it caps you at 3000 returns out of the 100,000,000 members.....not that I'm trying to send out to 100,000,000 people.

2/ There is no other way....that I can see....to return numerous members.

3/ Through the browsing option, I don't see how it is possible to scroll through the people and click on them, because there isn't a standard spacing between each person because of different sized pics, so coordinates seems out of the question. Then the next problem to that is how do you have the screen scroll down to go to the next bunch of people...again, because of the spacing between people.

5/ A couple more issues, but those are the main ones.

I see other bots out there that say the do 100,000s, but I don't see how they get around the 3000 limit, much less the rest of my issues.

Has anyone here had any experience with myspace that could give me some insight.

Thanks any help.

Why not just ask MySpace to hand over their records?

I recollect somebody tried that with Google recently - somebody from the government...

What you are attempting may border on the illegal, or at least on the most unwanted.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

I'm actually building this for my friend...he saw my last little project with autoit and asked if I could do this. He has a small production/record label and is going for a distribution deal. A&Rs at majors frequent myspace now. I have a couple of friends who are A&Rs who have also told me that they do view myspace friends as positive indicators. Even though they know that once someone passes 10,000 friends or so and are not signed that the people are most likely not real friends or genuine fans, they look at it as the artist either can move units to at least 40% of their friend list or the artist is on their job with self promotion...either way it is a plus. So that is why it is needed that I get passed the 3000 limit. An A&R wont blink unless they see at least 200,000. A big positive biproduct of friends is the equal or greater ratio of views to the page, and the more views you get the higher ranking on the artist page you'll get...from what I understand at least.

It is neither illegal nor unexpected. People do this all day, it is a networking site; I don't see the difference between him doing it manually or having a bot that will do it one time automatically. Another big reason I want to get around this 3000 limit is I don't want the bot to bother the same people with friend requests more than once. If they turn it down, I don't want to hit them agian...that would be very annoying to them I would think.

So that is the story, any help?

Oh okay.

Well if they wanna be your friend they will ask you, and if you want them to be your friend you can ask them.

There is no need to send automated spam to complete strangers whom you can't even spare a second to.

There is enough spam in this world already without AutoIt being used to mass produce more of it.

"Oh Okay", where do I start.

If you don't want to help, DON'T. I don't need, nor am interested in the self righteous higher than thou posts. I have seen requests to make what I would consider malicious and annoying apps here, and have seen people provide help. I've been on myspace for the past week or so trying to figure this out for my friend and have seen that this friend requesting is an everyday thing and IS NOT SPAM. If you want to label it as spam, fine, do so and have a cookie and breathe. But don't bother me with it, either help or don't. If you go there you see just about everyone has 2000 plus "friends" upwards of 20-100K from all over the country, and they are not famous. Do you think anyone actually constantly keeps up with 2000+ friends? Or maybe say anything more to them than whats up and they move on? I'm quite sure, rather I hope, you are not that ignorant and naive. It's called mass networking, promotion, fun, competition with their friend list. If you know how myspace started, it was originally designed for unsigned independent recording artists for this very specific purpose of mass promotion...whether the creator had the thought of someone doing it by hand or bot, that is mute and pointless to argue because it is not the point. I may consider it spam if I was bombarding the same person with friend requests multiple times or after they have denied me, which is a main safeguard I want to put in this. And if there is some kind of thing in the licensing of AutoIt that says "don't use this to spam"....which is not what I'm doing regardless of what YOU are saying, show me that and I will take it up with the developer and see what HE says, NOT YOU. So get a life and stop preaching, help or don't.

I hate when I have to post things like this, but I hate it even more when people preach.

Anyway, Ive already figured out how to get this started and am on my way.

I've said my piece and will not be responding.unless someone is helping....so have fun.

"Oh Okay", where do I start.

If you don't want to help, DON'T. I don't need, nor am interested in the self righteous higher than thou posts.

If you want to behave unethically, that's your problem. But don't get snotty when people tell you to take a hike. Nobody's obligated to shut up just because you don't like hearing the truth.

I've been on myspace for the past week or so trying to figure this out for my friend and have seen that this friend requesting is an everyday thing and IS NOT SPAM.

Sorry, you're not allowed to make that call. The decision as to whether or not any given communication constitutes spam, junk, etc., is up to the recipient and the service provider, not the sender. Period.

EVERY spammer says that what they send isn't spam, and every one of them is lying.

whether the creator had the thought of someone doing it by hand or bot, that is mute and pointless to argue because it is not the point.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT! Wrong answer.

I draw your attention to the MySpace terms of service, a legal contract your friend agreed to when signing up for a MySpace account.

http://www.myspace.com/Modules/Common/Page...Conditions.aspx

More specifically, I point out to you item 4 of the prohibited activities list under the "Content/Activity Prohibited" section...

4. any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;

This is EXPLICITLY clear. You are SPECIFICALLY prohibited from doing what you are trying to do. Now what is the excuse you offer for this flagrant violation of these reasonable terms of service?

And if there is some kind of thing in the licensing of AutoIt that says "don't use this to spam"....which is not what I'm doing regardless of what YOU are saying...

Instead of worrying about the license agreement for AutoIt, you should be worrying about the legally binding contract your friend agreed to when signing up with MySpace. I draw your attention to item number 2 on the same list mentioned above...

It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the MySpace Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent.

As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay MySpace.com $50 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the MySpace Services;

So by "helping" your friend, you may in fact be helping him into massive financial liability.

I hate when I have to post things like this, but I hate it even more when people preach.

I hate arrogance.

I was trying to help him.

Since every country has different rules to address something as spam I pointed him out to spamlaws so he could see which laws are applicable for his country.

Just trying to save him from a few thousand lawsuits :P

Apparently 3000 isn't nearly enough for him, so it will probably be more like hundreds of thousands O_O