Diablo2 - Hostile Detection

Vinx

Hey there. I'm playing Hardcore on Diablo 2 and I'm extremely annoyed by the TPPKers. I started making a counter-script for these TPPKers. The idea is to detect the hostile box in the top-right corner, and if so, create a TP and go to town instantly.

The TP part I don't have trouble with, so I'll simply replace that function with a msgbox for the code I'm having trouble with. I'm not getting any errors, it's simply not finding the Hostile box in the Top-right corner.

I just started AutoIt today, but I am fluent in VB and C/C++, so its trivial at best. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong, as I'm still not use to the syntax just yet.

While 1
    if winactive("D2Loader") Then
        $pix = PixelSearch(749, 18, 755, 24, "0x530D05")
        if not @error = 1 then
            msgbox(0, "Yay!", "You're hostiled and correctly detected!")
        EndIf
    EndIf

sleep(10)
Wend

So to explain, I have functions in the script that get called upon, but this is the script-loop that simply keeps checking for a Hostile once every 10 milliseconds, I believe. I'm pretty sure I have the coordinates down, as well as the color pixel I'm searching for which is a dark red.

Thanks in advance for any solutions you can find,

Vinx.

Current Code now:

While 1
        $pix = PixelSearch(749, 18, 755, 24, 0x530D05)
        if not @error = 1 then
            msgbox(0, "Yay!", "You're hostiled and correctly detected!")
        EndIf
    EndIf
    sleep(10)
Wend

Still not working. Do the coordinates look right? The problem that confused me is that for the function PixelSearch, the arguments are (Left, Top, Right, Bottom). Anyone who knows the mathematic formula for a rectangle knows its X1, Y1, X2, Y2, which are corners. Top can be both top corners, etc...so I got confused. So, let me know if I guessed it right or those are in the wrong order.

Edit: Also, I tested to see if the line [if winactive("D2Loader") Then] works by removing the search condition inside:

While 1
        msgbox(0, "Game Detected!", "You're now in Diablo 2.")
    EndIf
    sleep(10)
Wend

The above code works, so it's the Pixel Checking that's not working, as suspected.

Edited by Vinx

the coords are from 0, 0 (being top left corner) use Au3Info.exe in the autoit folder to get the location for the mouse.

Example output from Au3Info.exe

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<
Screen: X: 252  Y: 173
Edited by amanda089

the coords are from 0, 0 (being top left corner) use Au3Info.exe in the autoit folder to get the location for the mouse.

Example output from Au3Info.exe

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<
Screen: X: 252  Y: 173
Ok good, that's what I did, and that's how I got all 4 numbers; by doing the WindowInfo thing twice, getting the top left corner, and the bottom right corner.

Another problem is that the Hostile box in the top-right corner is semi-transparent, so it could be like 20 different shades of red. Also, I noticed that the script I have only checks when I activate the game window to the front, not while it's running already active.

What do I do? :P

Another problem is that the Hostile box in the top-right corner is semi-transparent, so it could be like 20 different shades of red. Also, I noticed that the script I have only checks when I activate the game window to the front, not while it's running already active.

What do I do? :P

Hi, if it's transparent and there are a bunch of different shades, try converting the hex number to decimal and doing something like this.

If it's not transparent and it's the same every time then use the much less CPU intensive solution in the post above.

dim $pixelarray[99999999]

$decimal=Put the exact decimal for the color here

$decimal-=$decimal/10

for $a=1 to ($decimal/5)
$pixelarray[$a] = $decimal+$a
next

for $a=1 to $pixelarray[0]
if PixelSearch(749, 18, 755, 24, $pixelarray[$a]) then global $b=1
next
if $b=1 then
msgbox(0, "OMG!", "1337 hax.")
endif

This will work within a 10% variation of the decimal, I think.

Edited by Azu

$pix = PixelSearch(749, 18, 755, 24, 0x530D05, 20) Didn't work.

Does anyone who plays or played Diablo 2 know a different, and more static approach to detecting a Hostile player? Or perhaps could someone point me in the direction of learning to hook a VB/C++ application to detect it?

take out the '= 1'. You also have the wrong number of parameters for your message box

Should look like this:

While 1
        if not @error then
            msgbox(0, "Yay!", "You're hostiled and correctly detected!",60)
        EndIf
    EndIf
    sleep(10)
Wend
Edited by gatsbysamericandream

take out the '= 1'. You also have the wrong number of parameters for your message box

Should look like this:

While 1
        if not @error then
            msgbox(0, "Yay!", "You're hostiled and correctly detected!",60)
        EndIf
    EndIf
    sleep(10)
Wend
Neither having the = 1 or the ,60 there would matter. It works either way.