local securty settings

Hello,

I was wondering if there is an easy way of editing the local security settings. I searched through these countless help files and forums. It doesn't matter if it is through AutoIt or not. Thanks again for the help.

Hello,

I was wondering if there is an easy way of editing the local security settings. I searched through these countless help files and forums. It doesn't matter if it is through AutoIt or not. Thanks again for the help.

Hi,

of what? Widows, IE? How would you do it manually?

So long,

Mega

Okay, I see douple post and you meant acces of files. :P

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Actually the other post is different.

Sorry for the confusion...let me rephrase. I want to edit the User rights assignments under the local policies for the local security settings. This can be found under the administrative tools in the control panel. This is what I need a script for. Thanks in advance

Edited by Sean M

Actually the other post is different.

Sorry for the confusion...let me rephrase. I want to edit the User rights assignments under the local policies for the local security settings. This can be found under the administrative tools in the control panel. This is what I need a script for. Thanks in advance

The tool for changing local security policy is SecEdit.exe, but it is a very blunt tool. I've had a problem getting it to ONLY change what I want and not screw the rest of the policy up. Doesn't mean it can't be done, but it's been hard for me.

In short, you can't (please somebody tell me I'm wrong and show me the easier way) just change one policy. You have to use SecEdit to dump the entire current policy, edit what you want changed, then apply the changed policy back, completely replacing current policy.

I would be overjoyed to have someone tell me I missed the easy way... (please) :P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

The tool for changing local security policy is SecEdit.exe, but it is a very blunt tool. I've had a problem getting it to ONLY change what I want and not screw the rest of the policy up. Doesn't mean it can't be done, but it's been hard for me.

In short, you can't (please somebody tell me I'm wrong and show me the easier way) just change one policy. You have to use SecEdit to dump the entire current policy, edit what you want changed, then apply the changed policy back, completely replacing current policy.

I would be overjoyed to have someone tell me I missed the easy way... (please) :P

Actually also used sededit to set 'replace process level token' Initially had a problem because it did a replace instead of added (just me not getting the options right). After that, worked perfectly.

After alot of work time dedicated to searching for something to do this easier, I found two programs that do it. One is part of the Windows resource kit 2003 called NTrights.exe and the other one is called grant.exe. NTrights can be found on microsofts site and the link for grant.exe can be found by searching this forum for it. Thanks to everyones time and hope these two programs can help someone.

Sean

After alot of work time dedicated to searching for something to do this easier, I found two programs that do it. One is part of the Windows resource kit 2003 called NTrights.exe and the other one is called grant.exe. NTrights can be found on microsofts site and the link for grant.exe can be found by searching this forum for it. Thanks to everyones time and hope these two programs can help someone.

Sean

OOooh... :P

PsaltyDS like! :nuke:

Thanks for the tip.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law