bruteforce

jonathan2133

Ok heres the story. Believe it or dont. I bought a laptop the other day, and it was an "open box" laptop so somone had brought it home, opened it, and their wife threw a fit ($3000 laptop). Tey returned it, i bought it, got a slight discount, and reinstalled everything to factory settings. The bios happened to be password protected, and i figured the factory CD's would fix that. They didnt. The password is not in any of the manuals or anything, and the website is very unhelpfull.

So far i have contacted Acer (the brand of the laptop), as well as the company i bought the lappy from. No word back yet, but im still waiting. In the meanwhile, i thought it wouldnt be too hard to make a bruteforcer for this. I got unlimited tries in a nifty windows xp tool to get in, so i figure why not.

Anyways, i can add most of the stuff myself, but i dont know how to make it send the keys (a, b, c, d, .... aa, ab, ac..... aaa, aab, aac, etc)

If somone could help me out i would apprieate it.

Now i know that AutoIt is not made to be a bruteforcer, but this is my laptop, and i would apprieate being able to get full access to it.

For anyone who wants to try, here is some info you may want...

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Title: Remove Password

Class: WindowsForms10.window.8.app8

Size: X: 1182 Y: 650 W: 448 H: 216

thats the window that the pass gets entered into.

the same title for the window, but it says "Password has been removed." when it works (was able to test this on the "user" login for the bios, unfortunately users cant change anything)

If you need anything else i would be happy to give the information. Also if you could make it store the pass to a txt dcument that would be cool, just cuz im curious what it was.

This forum is for posting information or "Scripts and Scraps" about scripts or scaps of a script that you have made so others may see what you have been up to.

It is not for posting a problem and saying here you can try to fix it for me....

:P

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the default BIOS password for Acer is acer, worth a try.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• Moderators

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the default BIOS password for Acer is acer, worth a try.

That's what it was in 1997 when I bought my first one (and last one).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

That's what it was in 1997 when I bought my first one (and last one).

I dont suppose you mean that it has lasted this long :P

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

nope. Tried acer, ACER, phoenix (many variations of caps and lowercase), bios, etc. Found a website that had many, many default passwords on it, tried well over 100

anyways, if somone could help me make a prog to get to my bios i would apprieate it. Im making a script now, but its taking a while and sadly i dont know a lot about autoit.

• Moderators

nope. Tried acer, ACER, phoenix (many variations of caps and lowercase), bios, etc. Found a website that had many, many default passwords on it, tried well over 100

anyways, if somone could help me make a prog to get to my bios i would apprieate it. Im making a script now, but its taking a while and sadly i dont know a lot about autoit.

I wouldn't even know where to start there thank God (no telling what dammage I would do).

I'm going to assume by the above statement you've tried everything here (even the program that is free ware that does it for you 2nd link down).

http://www.pwcrack.com/bios.shtml

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/CmosPwd

http://www.overclock.net/laptops-notebook-...cer-laptop.html

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Your BIOS password kicks in before the computer starts Windows. This makes it exceedingly difficult for AutoIT to run. I'll take a pass on your script, thank you!

BIOS password protection is there to prevent thiefs from accessing your computer. Posting workarounds is irresponsible.

• Moderators

Your BIOS password kicks in before the computer starts Windows. This makes it exceedingly difficult for AutoIT to run. I'll take a pass on your script, thank you!

BIOS password protection is there to prevent thiefs from accessing your computer. Posting workarounds is irresponsible.

Be glad you got it on one char... you'd have been stuck after the next go around :P