Where can i download AU3Record

Go to solution Solved by Jon,

• Moderators

It's in my SciTe Editor folder:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\ScriptWriter\AU3Record.exe

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Where can i download AU3Record??

I've been searching like a monkey, can't fin dit anywhere!

and no, it's not in my autoit directory.

PLz tell me?

HI,

I think it comes with Scite. Do you mean C:\Programme\AutoIt3\SciTe\ScriptWriter\AU3Record.exe ???

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• 11 months later...

I know I'm just a day from a year behind, but I just want to ask...

This AU3Record program is almost exactly what I need, but only almost. I need my program to not include mouse movement and instead just perform clicks at recorded coordinates. Also I need it to ignore any user interaction with anything but the program that was run!

I don't wanna ask anyone to give me such a program. Instead I thought I could try to develope it myself. However, I'm quite new to AutoIt and I'm on a tight schedule and would like to start from an existing source code.

Since I can't seem to find the source code for AU3Record around I assume it's not open source.

So, my question are.. Are there any similar open source programs that could aid me in my attempt? If so, where can I find them?

/ Mikael

umm, not that I know of. AutoHotKey has one, but it pretty much does the same thing. What you could do is simply run Au3Record, then use the AutoIt window info tool to get the mouse cords. Simply make the change to your code, and you would have what you need. It be a much faster method than rewriting a app to do it. Also, another thing to think about is if you are clicking on buttons, you can do controlsend to the controls. Cleaner, and more stable.

Yes, I know about controlsend. That's another thing that I would try to make different if I made my own version.

The reason I want a program for generating the script is that I need a lot of scripts (read hundreds). It's to be used as part of software testing in a project I'm working on (perhaps you've seen my other post about that).

Do anyone else know of any open source script generators (or generators that fit my needs)?

Appreciate any help!

/ Mikael

Edited by lindsten

• 1 year later...

AU3Record

The AU3Record is part of the SciTE4AutoIt3, this is an add-on to the AutoIt3.

Was is my story:

I downloaded the AutoIT3 from the website and found that the recording part was missing. I then found the AU3Record section in the help and via the Forum found out that the program was part og a ZIP. This was really weird for me and later during the day I looked even closer at the problem that might confuse people. I found that there was a side of the story no one tool us. AU3Record is a utility programs given via SciTE addon.

Addon? Give me the links:

The link today is

AutoIt3 (Real program): http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

SciTE4AutoIt3 (Addon): http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/

Features:

The addon has alot of cool feaures such as:

- Intellisense

- Autocomplete

- CodeFolding

- lots of utility programs (like Tidy, Obfuscator, AU3Check, ScriptWriter, AutoIt3Wrapper etc)

SciTE what is that?

Quote Neil Hodgson:"SciTE is a SCIntilla based Text Editor. Originally built to demonstrate Scintilla, it has grown to be a generally useful editor with facilities for building and running programs."

So what do I think

AutoIT by it self is very powerful but with the add-on from SciTE. The Program get a totally new kick and becomes for me, the ultimate Macro program. The fact that the SciTE4AutoIt3 is an addon MUST be more clear to the end user.

• 6 years later...

see your other thread

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

@arkanum why resurrect a 2 year old thread when the very post above yours points people to where they can find the download?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!