Numerical Search strings

Guest Drache

Guest Drache

In Word vb script you can search for a number using ^#. What is the AutoIt equivalent I cannot seem to find the section in the help :D

That will depend entirely on your editor. In SciTe, use Ctrl-F

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Guest Drache

In Word vb script you can search for a number using ^#. What is the AutoIt equivalent I cannot seem to find the section in the help :D

Not to initiate a search but to say ^# is any7 number on it's own ^#^# would be any two digits etc

Not to initiate a search but to say ^# is any7 number on it's own ^#^# would be any two digits etc

You mean wildcards? Once again, that would likely depend on the editor. A lot of them won't support that, and ones that do might use different syntax.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Again, this varies by the editor you use.

In what context are you doing this searching?

If you want to see if a string contains a specific number, take a look at the StringInstr function. If you want to know if a string is made of only digits, use StringIsDigit function. I have yet to finish (really, well, start) a more advanced pattern matching function called RegExp, which could do this comparison easily.

David Nuttall

... a more advanced pattern matching function called RegExp, which could do this comparison easily.

Similar to the *nix RegEx syntax, or just an odd naming coincidence? :D

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Quite similar, but based more on [f]lex syntax than [e]grep syntax. Take a look at this discussion for more details.

David Nuttall