how to create a gui ctrl to handle input of IP Addresses

I looking for a way to create gui control that will allow the user to enter an IP Address but check appropriate format while they are type (e.g. like the control in TCPIP configuration ... I believe that control type is SysIPAddress321). It would need to only allow 0-9 for all parts but the actually values must be 1-223 for the 1st part, 0-255 for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th parts of the IP address. I was hoping to avoid create 4 small input controls and then confirming the value once they try to exit the control. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Edited by pootie tang

Watch for this one in upcoming beta's

thanks. i had a couple of followup questions:

is there any way to enable or disable the control once i put it into my gui. i tried to use controldisable but it returns 0

is there anyway to specify the font and weight for the input into the control (so I can have it be consistent with my other controls)

thanks again. great stuff!!

thanks. i had a couple of followup questions:

is there any way to enable or disable the control once i put it into my gui. i tried to use controldisable but it returns 0

is there anyway to specify the font and weight for the input into the control (so I can have it be consistent with my other controls)

thanks again. great stuff!!

1st question: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=161215

2nd question: yes, working on a setfont function, might have it ready soon.

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.