How to add Scheme to IE ?

How can I add a URI scheme to IE? I'm talking about where you specifiy the protocol used in the address line; <thispart>://www.autoitscript.com.

I've seen other programs like WinSCP add functionality here and I'd like to do the same with autoit.

I'd like to be able to enter something like autoit://<some nfo here> that would start some executable and act apon the data behind the //.

Thanks!

How can I add a URI scheme to IE? I'm talking about where you specifiy the protocol used in the address line; <thispart>://www.autoitscript.com.

I've seen other programs like WinSCP add functionality here and I'd like to do the same with autoit.

I'd like to be able to enter something like autoit://<some nfo here> that would start some executable and act apon the data behind the //.

Thanks!

you may wish to google customize mime types

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Not really a skin, it just uses an internal registry command so that the toolbar background is a bitmap you specify.

In registry Editor

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

REG_SZ

Name : BackBitmapIE5

Value : <Path for the Picture of your choice>

:P

F@m!ly Guy Fr33k! - Avatar speaks for itself__________________________________________________________________________________________ite quotes... - Is your refrigerator running? If it is, It probably runs like you...very homosexually - Christians don't believe in gravity - Geeze Brian where do you think you are, Payless?- Show me potato Salad!__________________________________________________________________________________________Programs available - Shutdown timer[indent][/indent]

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here, but maybe this will help.

#include <IE.au3>

$sURL = "www.autoitscript.com"
$oIE = _IECreate($sURL)
ConsoleWrite("Protocol = " & $oIE.document.location.protocol & @CRLF)

Here's a couple of links that may help also.

Protocol Property

Predefined Protocols

Yes! This is the right direction for sure! On the 'Predefined Protocols' page there is a 'res protocol'. It may be what I'm looking for because it says, "This can be either a custom resource..."

Here's the example they give;

"res://mydll.dll/#2/#234"

This doesnt work but I think i'm close;

"res://myautoit.exe/<something>

Thanks!