sending random letters

Hey..this si my first post and I'm makign a bot for a game...but I need to be able to send a random letter string with a-z 1-9. I looked through the au3 help function and I used the search function here to no avail...assistance please.

ps random letter string should be between 4-8 letters

It's mostly point and click stuff...I'm making a bot for a game and would kind of like to keep it private I just need a little bit of help with this.

Where is the download link to this awesome script/bot that you have released?

It's mostly point and click stuff...I'm making a bot for a game and would kind of like to keep it private I just need a little bit of help with this.

Oh look! up at the top of the page...Its a bird, Its a Plane, Its the big red banner with the exclamation mark telling you that your post is in the wrong forum!!!!! Try V3 Support

P.S. - We can't help you with a code that we can't see, is your code so great that we would take it from you? People are here to both help you and learn something, you are being a selfish brat trying to leech off our experience and not even making the effort to make it easy on us.

Its like a person wants to cheat off someones test in school, so they make the person they want to cheat off of go walk over to them, instead of going to them to get the answers.

If you need help, read the helpfile, search the forums, and if that doesn't give you an answer, post a DESCRIPTIVE, INFORMATIVE, and SPECIFIC topic that preferably contains a code or some proof of effort, or is at the VERY least in the right forum

Uhm sorry I didn't view my remark as ignorence In fact I don't even know how/where to open a codebox :P. I was trying to get out of that. The script isnt great or godly. I'm just trying to keep it private is is to keep it small enough that they won't add it to a list of cheats the anti hack programcans for.

ps...ALL HAIL FOAMY

Edited by zephead4747

If I was asking for support I would be asking for a total load of help on it....I was asking a simple question I couldn't find in the manual. And no I wasnt begging I was asking if someone knew how to do this as I could not find it in the manual and don't even know if autoit will do it seriously you couldn't of picked a better way to show everyoen your balls haven't dropped.

will check this after southpark

Edited by zephead4747

Look, if you two promise to stop arguing like a :P married couple, then i'll give you your code

Global $Number = ""

While 1
    For $I = 1 to 8
        $Number = $Number& Chr(Random(97,122,1))
    Next
MsgBox(0,"Your random letters", "Your 8-digit Random letters are: "&$Number)
$Number = ""
Wend
Edited by Paulie

• Moderators

You guys are more brutal than me on a bad day :P

He did ask a specific question, on sending Random Chars, not really help with his bot specifically... don't know why you would need to see the script for that.

$RandomChars = _ReturnRandomString(10);10 is the number of characters to return
MsgBox(64, 'Info', $RandomChars)
Send($RandomChars)
Func _ReturnRandomString($iNumberOfChars)
    Local $sHold
    For $iCC = 1 To $iNumberOfChars
        Switch Random(1, 3, 1)
            Case 1
                $sHold &= Chr(Random(Asc('a'), Asc('z'), 1))
            Case 2
                $sHold &= Random(0, 9, 1)
            Case 3
                $sHold &= Chr(Random(Asc('A'), Asc('Z'), 1))
        EndSwitch
    Next
    Return $sHold
EndFunc

Although, I do know why I would want to see it... to make sure that you actually did something yourself.

All the same, maybe someone that searches this topic will find the above useful, call it a weak moment.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.