Detect audio output?

Hi,

Can Auto It listen to a soundcards output or monitor audio on a PC at all? (I did a search but nothing I could use)

If not, maybe there is another way to find a solution with Auto It:

Our problem:

We are a Low Power FM radio station, we use Winamp 2.91 and an little automation app called WRS 2.0.

WRS is great, it detects if Winamp has stopped and restarts it (plus lots more stuff), but if winamp freezes (a stop signel not sent) there is dead air.

I tried AutoIt Info Window with WinAmp, but the info it can retun is limited due to WinAmps interface.

My AutoIt Scripts.- AutoHost and Password Enabler for Delta Force 2 Demo.| Caffine for Winamp 2.9x and WRS 2.0 | mp3 directory cleaner | CRAP DJ | A:B:J Radio Automation Software | FFMPEG batch conversion automator

Hi,

Can Auto It listen to a soundcards output or monitor audio on a PC at all? (I did a search but nothing I could use)

If not, maybe there is another way to find a solution with Auto It:

Our problem:

We are a Low Power FM radio station, we use Winamp 2.91 and an little automation app called WRS 2.0.

WRS is great, it detects if Winamp has stopped and restarts it (plus lots more stuff), but if winamp freezes (a stop signel not sent) there is dead air.

I tried AutoIt Info Window with WinAmp, but the info it can retun is limited due to WinAmps interface.

There`s this http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry52534

Maybe worth checking in the Auto Wrappers thread to see if there is anything there too.

Also search for Process checking, maybe there is a way to check that the process is not responding.

Edited by Lakes

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.

Just an idea - automate the sound recorder for a small but regular snapshot and check the size of the output file - silence should result in a smaller file I presume.

Pseudocode:

Loop forever:

Start sound recorder and record one minute

Close sound recorder

If filesize < preset value, kill Winamp task and restart it

Wait a few minutes

Keep looping

Alternatives are to monitor the signal voltage on the sound card output port. I'm sure the data is accessible somehow via software, otherwise hook up a addon voltage interface card and monitor that. A big fat capacitor should take care of averaging/smoothing the voltages.

Edited by Confuzzled