edit an exe

Guest sbducker

Guest sbducker

Wow, what fun. I wish I wouldn't have spent so much time screwing around with wsh. Am I the only one here not in an IT capacity?

Anyway,

After I compile au3 to exe is there a way to either revert it back to au3 or at least view the text in the exe

Thanks all

After I compile au3 to exe is there a way to either revert it back to au3 or at least view the text in the exe

Yup, use the Exe2Aut program. You should get a copy of that when you install AutoIt. If you need the 3.0.100 version, see the unstable directory. Most of your comments will be removed, but you'll be able to see the source. It'll work as long as you didn't select the "prevent decompile" option (of whatever it's labeled) when you compiled your script.

Am I the only one here not in an IT capacity?

Nope. I use AutoIt because it makes my life a lot eaisier on my comp at home.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

The best way is to avoid finding yourself in the position where you don't have the source (*.au3) anymore: if you compile a compiile a script to exe and it's good enough to keep, then it's good enough to keep the source too.

It's a matter of how you manage your files and apply coding disciplines. So the fact that you're encountering this problem is a sign that you're growing into a developer (beware :D )

Guest sbducker

Yea, I could shoot myself for loosing the source code.

I didn't see the exe.to.au3 utility in my install, but I am sure I can locate it on the site somewhere.

Thanks

I didn't see the exe.to.au3 utility in my install, but I am sure I can locate it on the site somewhere.

I'm not sure if it's changed from the official 3.0.101 release and the 3.0.102 beta that I'm using, but my copy is in ~\Extras\Exe2Aut

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Guest sbducker

i did find it at the above link

fyi used the v3.0.102 and it didn't recongnize my complied files as autoit files.

then tried the v3.0.100 and it worked fine

fyi used the v3.0.102 and it didn't recongnize my complied files as autoit files.

then tried the v3.0.100 and it worked fine

Then you compiled your code with the 3.0.100 release of AutoIt. That's why the decompiler for that version was made avaiable; without it, you could be unable to convert files that were compiled with that version. The 3.0.102 beta decompiler will only decompile files made under 3.0.102.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest killburn

I made my script with a beta version of 3 and thouse 2 decompliers don't work ... so I think I'm just screwed =(.